The Tasty Sweet And Sour Shrimp
This simple, easy to follow, short taking time – only more or less 20 minutes-, homemade recipe of The Tasty Sweet and Sour Shrimp with tasty and juicy shrimp in luscious sweet and sour sauce will give an amazingly tasty meal not only for you but also for all of the members in your family! Do try!!
This tasty sweet and sour shrimp is easy to make because you only need to stir fry this dish with some common ingredients that you probably already have them at home. This Tasty Sweet and Sour Shrimp are best served with warm rice or noodles.
The sweet, sour sauce really goes well and excellently not only with shrimp but also with some other sources of proteins like pork or chicken. It calls for simple ingredients such as soy sauce, ketchup, and sugar.
With these simple ingredients, you are going to enjoy an amazingly delicious sweet and sour shrimp and once you know how to make it at home, you’ll find out that it is easier and cheaper than the one that you have in the Chinese restaurants.
As for the shrimp, it is recommended to have the frozen, shelled and deveined with the tail-on. But, it is also fine if you want to have the tail-off.
How many calories per serving ?
This Tasty Sweet and Sour Shrimp have only 288 calories per serving.
- Course : main course
- Cuisine : asian (chinese)
- Keyword : sweet and sour shrimp
- Prep time : 10 minutes
- Cook time : 10 minutes
- Total time : 20 minutes
- Servings : 3 people
- Calories : 288 calories
- 1 lb of shelled, deveined and tail-on shrimp
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- Chopped scallions
- White sesame
For the sweet and sour sauce :
- 3 tablespoons of ketchup
- 1 teaspoon of chili sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons of sugar
- 5 tablespoons of water
- 1 teaspoon of corn starch
- The shrimp is cleaned up and dried-out. And then, the shrimp is pat-dried with paper towels and the shrimp is put aside.
- All of the ingredients for the Sweet and Sour Sauce are mixed together. They are stirred to mix properly and then, they are put aside.
- Prepare a large flat base frying pan. The large flat base frying pan is heated up with the cooking oil on high heat. The garlic is put into the large flat base frying pan when the cooking oil is hot.
- The garlic is stir-fried until the garlic becomes a little bit brown. The shrimp is put into the large flat base frying pan and the shrimp is stir-fried until the exterior becomes white.
- The Sweet and Sour Sauce is put into the large flat base frying pan and they are let cook for more or less 1 minute or until the shrimp is cooked completely. Some more water is put into the large flat base frying pan to loosen the Sauce if the Sauce is dried-up or turns very thick.
- Finally, the Sweet and Sour Shrimp are decorated beautifully with chopped scallions and white sesame. Now, your homemade Sweet and Sour Shrimp are ready and you quickly serve it with warm rice or noodles. Enjoy!!