This simple, easy to follow, short taking time – only more or less 25 minutes-, practical, homemade recipe of The Nice and Delicious Fried Shrimp Balls will give a famous, nice and tasty Chinese appetizer, crunchy shrimp balls and Cantonese dim sum that is really good not only for you but also for all of the members in your family! Do try!!
Fried Shrimp Balls are one of a-must-have menus at Chinese dim sum restaurants. But, it is not that difficult to make Fried Shrimp Balls at home.
First of all, the shrimp and the seasonings are blended to form a shrimp paste. After that, the spring roll wrappers are chopped-up into strips.
Next, your hands are wet with some water and then, the shrimp paste is made into balls and they are rolled over the bed of spring roll strips. Finally, the shrimp balls are ready to be deep-fried in a large flat base frying pan or skillet.
How many calories per serving?
The Nice and Delicious Fried Shrimp Balls have only 171 calories per serving.
What meals to serve with and after the nice and delicious fried shrimp balls?
Some other meals such as Spring Rolls, Chow Mein and Chicken Lettuce Wraps can be served with and after The Nice and Delicious Fried Shrimp Balls for more complete weeknight dinner.
- Course : appetizer
- Cuisine : asian ( chinese )
- Keyword : shrimp balls
- Prep time : 20 mnutes
- Cook time : 5 minutes
- Total time : 25 minutes
- Servings : 4 people
- Calories : 171 calories
- 1 lb of defrost, shelled and deveined shrimp
- 1 lightly beaten of egg white
- 1 teaspoon of salt or fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch
- ½ teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of oil or some pork fat
- 3 dashes of white pepper powder
- 8 pieces of spring roll wrappers ( 8-inch square )
- Prepare a mini food processor. In the mini food processor, the shrimp, egg white, salt or fish sauce, sugar, corn starch, sesame oil, oil and white pepper are blended. All of the ingredients are blended until they form the shrimp paste.
- The spring roll wrappers are folded up. The spring roll wrappers are cut into small strips using a pair of scissors. They are cut into shorter strips. They are laid on a flat surface.
- Your hands are wet with some water and the shrimp paste is formed into balls (more or less 1 tablespoon), and the shrimp balls are rolled onto the bed of spring roll strips. This will make the spring roll strips stick to the shrimp ball.
- The spring roll strips are trimmed off using a pair of scissors. Be sure that the shrimp ball is coated with the strips equally. The strips that had been trimmed off can be reused.
- The shrimp balls are deep-fried in a large flat base frying pan until they become golden brown for more or less 5 minutes. Dish them out and dry-out on paper towels.
- Now, your homemade Nice and Delicious Fried Shrimp Balls are ready and you serve them hot with your favorite sweet chili sauce.