This simple, easy to follow, short taking time – only more or less 20 minutes, practical, homemade recipe of The Delicious Mee Goreng will give the original, and delicious Indian fried noodles, a famous dish in Malaysia, that is really good not only for you but also for all of the members in your family! Do try!!
Fried Noodles or Mee Goreng in Malaysian Language is commonly sold in the market or roadside by street hawkers who are many of them are Indian-Malaysian.
To make this Mee Goreng, you need to have the ingredients such as Yellow Noodles, dried chilies, fried bean curd or firm tofu, potato, squid, bean sprouts, eggs, soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, fresh limes and ketchup.
How many calories per serving?
Mee Goreng or Fried Noodles has only 493 calories per serving.
- Course : main course
- Cuisine : asian ( malaysian )
- Keyword : mee goreng recipes
- Prep time : 15 minutes
- Cook time : 5 minutes
- Total time : 20 minutes
- Servings : 4 people
- Calories : 493 calories
- 2 ½ tablespoons of cooking oil
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 of boiled, peeled and sliced of potato
- 3 pieces of chopped into pieces of fried bean curd or firm tofu
- 4 of cleaned and chopped into rings of squid
- 1 lb of rinsed and cleaned of yellow noodles
- 2 big eggs
- 1 cup of rinsed and drained of bean sprouts
- Slices of lettuce leaves to garnish
- 1 chopped into wedges of lime
For the chili paste :
- 10 of dried-red chilies
- 1 ½ tablespoons of cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon of water
For the sauce :
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of dark sweet soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of tomato ketchup
- Some sugar up to your taste
- All of the ingredients in Chili Paste are combined and blended properly using a food processor.
- Prepare a large flat base frying pan. The large flat base frying pan is heated up and “the tumis” is put into the large flat base frying pan and the Chili Paste is stir-fried until the oil separates from the oil. Put it aside.
- Prepare a small bowl. In the small bowl, all of the ingredients of the Sauce are mixed. Set them aside.
- The large flat base frying pan is heated up on high heat and 2 tablespoons of cooking oil are put into the large flat base frying pan. The garlic, 3 tablespoons of Chili Paste, potatoes, bean curd and squid are put into the large flat base frying pan. They are stir-fried until you smell the nice aroma.
- The yellow noodles and the Sauce are added and kept on stirring. The noodles are pushed to the side of the large flat base frying pan.
- The remaining ½ tablespoon of cooking oil is added and the eggs are cracked on top of the oil. The eggs are scrambled and mixed with the noodles. The bean sprouts are added and are quick-stirred for more or less 1 minute.
- The Fried Noodles or Mee Goreng is dish out and it is beautifully decorated with slices of lettuce leaves and lime wedges. Some lime juice is squeezed all over the Fried Noodles or Mee Goreng before you serve it.