This simple, easy to follow, short taking time, -only more or less 15 minutes-, homemade recipe of The Delicious Kimchi Fried Rice will give a palatable fried rice with Korean Kimchi with its strong smell and taste that is really good not only for you but also for all of the members in your family! Do try!!
Kimchi fried rice, which is a special Korean Fried Rice, is really tasty and yummy. All you have to do is stir frying rice in a large flat base frying pan or skillet with many kinds of ingredients mixed in. More and more people now love Korean Food with the spread of Korean pop culture around the world and Kimchi Fried Rice is the one that is loved by many.
The main ingredients of this delicious fried rice are steamed rice and of course Kimchi. Pork belly, bacon and an egg can be added if you want to. Especially for the egg, you can make it sunny side up and you serve the egg on top of the fried rice to make it nicer and more appetizing.
What do you have to do to have the best kimchi fried rice at home?
First of all, you need to prepare the Kimchi. If you buy Kimchi in a bottle which is wet with an orange liquid that is basically the juice from napa cabbage, the vegetable used in KImchi, then the liquid must be squeezed out of the Kimchi before the fried rice is cooked.
Why do you have to do this? Because the best fried rice must be dry not wet. And for your information, Kimchi is very healthy for you because it is an excellent source of probiotics.
How many calories per serving?
Kimchi Fried Rice has only 233 calories per serving.
- Course : main course
- Cuisine : asian (korean)
- Keyword : kimchi fried rice recipe
- Prep time : 5 minutes
- Cook time : 10 minutes
- Total time : 15 minutes
- Servings : 3 people
- Calories : 233 calories
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 clove of finely minced of garlic
- ¼ of finely diced of small onion
- ½ cup of chopped into small pieces of Kimchi and 1 tablespoon of Kimchi Juice
- 2 cups of overnight steamed white rice
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce or up to your taste
- ¼ teaspoon of sesame oil
- 3 dashes of ground black pepper
- 1 stalk of chopped into small rounds of scallion
- Prepare a large flat base frying pan. The large flat base frying pan is heated up on high heat. The oil is put into the large flat base frying pan. When the oil is completely heated, the garlic and onion are sautéed until you smell the nice aroma.
- The Kimchi is put into the large flat base frying pan and several quick stirs are done before the rice is put into the large flat base frying pan. They are stirred to mix properly.
- The soy sauce, sesame oil, black pepper and scallion are put into the large flat base frying pan. They are stirred several times to blend with the rice. Dish it out.
- Now, your homemade Kimchi Fried Rice is ready and you quickly serve it with the sunny side up egg on top of the KImchi Fried Rice. Enjoy!!