The Appetizing Cornish Hen Recipe
This simple, easy to follow, practical, homemade recipe of Cornish Hen recipe will give the baked Cornish Hen marinade with honey, spices and garlic that is really mouthwatering with soft and juicy chicken meat not only for you but also for all of the members in your family! Do try!!
Cornish Hen is also known as Cornish Game Hen and it is also known as Rock Cornish Hen is a small chicken that is still young with only less than 2 lbs in an average weight and less calories and less fat but this is what makes The Cornish Hen’s meat becomes better, softer and juicier than other chicken meat in general.
Cornish Hen is best roasted and baked, and when you do this right you’ll get the crunchy roasted and baked Cornish Hen that is really appetizing and mouthwatering chicken dish not only for you but also for all of the members in your family.
You can find and buy Cornish Hen in the frozen food section of food stores or supermarkets. The Cornish Hen is vacuum-packed in tiny plastic package and labeled as Rock Cornish Game Hen. The Cornish Hen is sold without its liver or heart, so it will be easier and faster when you cook it later.
It’s not that difficult to cook Cornish Hen. The best way to cook Cornish Hen is by baking the Cornish Hen in the oven. It is also possible to air fry Cornish Hen in an air-fryer if you want to.
To bake the Cornish Hen, you need to make the Marinade with the ingredients such as honey, garlic, butter or extra virgin olive oil, spicy hot sauce and salt.
Now, you are ready to make Baked Cornish Hen. First of all, the Cornish Hen is melted to room temperature. You must be sure that the whole Cornish Hen is pat-dried with paper towels, including inside the cavity.
And then, the Cornish Hen is marinated with butter or extra virgin olive oil, garlic, honey and spicy hot sauce or dry spices like smoked paprika or chili powder.
After that, the Cornish Hen is baked in the oven at 375 F or 190 C. You bake this Cornish Hen in the oven or 60 minutes or 1 hour.
Finally, the end result is you have crunchy skin of Cornish Hen with soft, tasty, juicy chicken meat that is really, really delicious!!
HOW MANY CALORIES OF BAKED CORNISH HEN PER SERVING?
Baked Cornish Hen has only 243 calories per serving.
WHAT MEALS TO SERVE WITH BAKED CORNISH HEN?
Some other meals such as Cheesy Garlic Bread, Creamy Mashed Potatoes, Garlic Butter Mushrooms and Brown Butter Garlic Noodles can be served together with Baked Cornish Hen recipe for more complete weekday lunch or weeknight dinner.
One delicious pair dish that goes well with Baked Cornish Hen is Brown Butter Garlic Noodles. Unlike Baked Cornish Hen recipe, you don’t need to spend much time to make Brown Butter Garlic Noodles. You need only 20 minutes to make Brown Butter Garlic Noodles and you can serve it for 2 people like Baked Cornish Hen.
To make the delicious Brown Butter Garlic Noodles, you need to have the ingredients such as 8 oz of spaghetti, 4 cloves of minced garlic, 2 ½ tablespoons of oyster sauce, 4 tablespoons of melted unsalted butter, and 3 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese. With these simple ingredients, you are now ready to make Brown Butter Garlic Noodles.
First of all, a pot of water is brought to a boil. The spaghetti is cooked until the spaghetti is firm to the bite. The spaghetti is dried-out and put aside.
Next, a large frying pan is heated up on medium high heat and the melted butter is put into the large frying pan. The butter is cooked until it begins to foam and become a bit brown.
After that, the garlic is put into the large frying pan and they are stirred several times before you put the noodles and oyster sauce into the large frying pan. They are stirred to mix properly.
Finally, the Parmesan cheese is put into the large frying pan and they are stirred to mix properly with the noodles. The heat is turned off.
Now, your homemade Brown Butter Garlic Noodles are ready and you quickly serve it with Baked Cornish Hen recipe. Enjoy!!
COURSE : MAIN COURSE
CUISINE : AMERICAN
KEYWORD : CORNISH HEN RECIPE
PREP TIME : 10 MINUTES
COOK /BAKE TIME : 60 MINUTES (1 HOUR)
TOTAL TIME : 1 HOUR AND 10 MINUTES
SERVINGS : 2 PEOPLE
CALORIES : 243 CALORIES
- 1 Cornish Hen
- 4 cloves of peeled garlic
- 3 toothpicks
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil or unsalted butter
- ½ tablespoon of spicy hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder to give the Cornish Hen a bit more color
- Lemon wedges for serving
- The oven is preheated to 375 F or 190 C
- The Cornish Hen recipe is cleaned up and it s pat-dried with paper towels. You must be sure that the cavity is dry. The garlic is put to the inside of the cavity. The cavity is closed by using 3 toothpicks.
- Prepare a small bowl. The olive oil or butter, spicy hot sauce, honey, and salt are put together in the small bowl. They are stirred to mix properly. The mixture is brushed on the skin equally.
- The Cornish Hen is placed on a roasting pan and it is baked for 30 minutes or until the skin turns crunchy and well-browned. It is covered with a sheet of aluminum foil to prevent it from burning.
- The Cornish Hen is flipped over and the other side of the Cornish Hen is baked for another 30 minutes. The juice seeping out on the skin can be brushed. The Cornish Hen is removed from the oven.
- Now, your homemade Baked Cornish Hen is ready and you quickly serve it with lemon wedges. Enjoy!!