This simple, easy to follow, practical, homemade recipe of The Amazingly Tasty Baked Chicken Lollipop marinated with hoisin ginger will be right choice for an appetizer not only for you but also for all of the members in your family. Do try!!
This Amazingly Tasty Baked Chicken Lollipop will be loved and enjoyed by many especially on social gatherings since they are the bite-size finger foods. Everybody will have a hard time not to try out this tasty baked Chicken Lollipop.
You can make this Chicken Lollipop by chopping the meat around the bottom of the chicken wing drumette and pulling it towards the top, so you will have a shape of a lollipop.
The dipping sauce for this Amazingly Tasty Baked Chicken Lollipop is so various from spicy garlic chili sauce and sweet chili sauce to ketchup. Just choose the one that you really like.
For the Hoisin Sauce, the sweet and delicious sauce commonly used for many kinds of Asian Food, you can find and buy it at the regular supermarket at ethnic food section.
How many calories per serving ?
This Amazingly Tasty Baked Chicken Lollipop has only 235 calories per serving.
What meals to serve after the amazingly tasty bake chicken lollipop?
Some other meals such as Garlic Noodles, Bok Choy Chicken and Lemon Grass And Sriracha Grilled Shrimp can be served after the Amazingly Tasty Baked Chicken Lollipop for more complete weeknight dinner.
- Course : appetizer (side dish)
- Cuisine : asian (chinese)
- Keyword : chicken lollipop
- Prep time : 10 minutes
- Cook time : 35 minutes
- Total time : 50 minutes
- Servings : 3 people
- Calories : 235 calories
- 10 of skin-attached, cleaned and pat dry of chicken drumettes
For the hoisin ginger marinade :
- 2 inch of peeled and minced ginger
- 1 clove of peeled and minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons of hoisin sauce
- ½ tablespoon of mild chili sauce, optional
- ½ tablespoon of soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon of honey or sugar
- ½ tablespoon of water
- With a pair of scissors or knife, the skin and tendons around the bottom of every drumette are chopped. The meat is peeled, scraped, and pushed down to the thick end from top to bottom making into a ball of lollipop shape. The knuckle end is chopped with scissors or knife. The same process is repeated for the remaining chicken drumettes.
- Prepare a bowl. The Marinade ingredients are prepared in the bowl. The chicken drumettes are put into the bowl. They are coated and marinated for at least 1 hour or best overnight.
- The oven is preheated to 350 F. The chicken drumettes are arranged on the wire rack set over a baking pan. The chicken drumettes are baked until they become well-browned and a little bit charred and fully cooked through for more or less 35 minutes.
- The Amazingly Tasty Baked Chicken Lollipop is now ready. You quickly serve it with the dipping sauce of your own choice.