Tasty Tobiko Omelette
This simple, easy to follow, short taking time – only more or less 15 minutes-, homemade recipe of Tasty Tobiko Omelette will give a nice and tasty meal not only for you but also for all of the members in your family! Do try!!
Cooking omelette with Tobiko will give a different taste of regular omelette dish. You are going to enjoy every bite of the Tasty Tobiko Omelette because it is pleasingly delicious. If you happen not to know what tobiko is, tobiko is an orange fly fish roe that you can find and buy generally at Japanese markets.
For a basic omelette without Tobiko, you don’t need to spend much time cooking basic omelette only 2 minutes for the preparation and 4 minutes for cooking basic omelette.
For basic omelette, you need only to have several ingredients such as 2 eggs, 2 tablespoons or 30 ml of water, a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper and filling ingredients.
Now, you are ready to cook basic omelette. First of all, the eggs, water, salt and pepper are whisked.
And then, with cooking spray, a non-stick large flat base frying pan is sprayed 8-inch (20 cm). It is heated over medium heat. The egg mixture is poured in.
After that, with a spatula, as eggs set around the tip of the large flat base frying pan, slowly push cooked portions toward the middle of the large flat base frying pan. The large flat base frying pan is tilted and rotated to give a way for the uncooked egg to flow into the empty space.
Next, half of the omelette is covered with filling when the eggs are nearly set on the exterior but still appear moist. A spatula is slipped under unfilled side and the omelette is folded over onto filed half.
Finally, the omelette is cooked for 1 minute and then, the basic omelette is slide onto a plate.
For Western Omelette, the large flat base frying pan is sprayed with cooking spray or 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil is heated up in the large flat base frying pan.
And then, ¼ cup or 60 ml of finely chopped ham, 2 tablespoons or 30 ml of chopped sweet green pepper and 1 tablespoon or 15 ml of finely chopped onion are put into the large flat base frying pan.
Finally, you cook the Western Omelette by stirring many times until all the vegetables become soft. The egg mixture is poured in and it is cooked like you cook the Basic Omelette.
Another kind of omelette is Fine Herbs Omelette. For Fine Herbs Omelette, you need the ingredients such as 2 tablespoons or 30 ml of finely chopped parsley, 1 tablespoon or 5 ml of finely chopped green onion, ½ tablespoon or 2 ml of dried tarragon and 1/8 tablespoon or 0.5 ml of finely chopped garlic.
You just add all of these ingredients to the egg mixture and again you cook it like the way you cook the Basic Omelette.
To have the best result of your homemade omelette, there are things you need to know. First, use the right and proper large flat base frying pan. The ideal large flat base frying pan for 1, 2 or 3 egg omelette is more or less 8 inches (20 cm) in diameter at the bottom.
Next, the large flat base frying pan is shallow with sloping sides to slide the omelette easily out of the large flat base frying pan.
And last but not least, the large flat base frying pan must be hot when the egg mixture is put into the large flat base frying pan.
HOW MANY CALORIES OF TOBIKO OMELETTE PER SERVING?
COURSE : MAIN COURSE
CUISINE : ASIAN (CHINESE)
KEYWORD : TOBIKO OMELET
PREP TIME : 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME : 5 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME : 15 MINUTES
SERVINGS : 4 PEOPLE
CALORIES : 161 CALORIES
- 5 of a little bit beaten of big eggs
- 1 teaspoon of Chinese rice wine or Japanese sake
- ½ teaspoon of sesame oil
- ¾ teaspoon of oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 1 of sliced of small onion
- 3 dashes of white pepper
- 5 tablespoons of tobiko
- 1 stalk of green part only, chopped into small rounds of scallion
- The eggs are seasoned with oyster sauce, wine, sesame oil and white pepper. They are mixed to blend properly. You must be sure that the oyster sauce is fully liquefied or melted.
- Prepare a large flat base frying pan. And then, the large flat base frying pan is heated up to high heat and the cooking oil is put into the large flat base frying pan. The onion is put into the large flat base frying pan quickly after the cooking oil is hot. The onion is stir-fried until you smell its nice aroma.
- The eggs are poured in and the eggs are spread properly over the onion. The onion and eggs are let cooked for 20 seconds or so before you start to stir them. The eggs are thrown up and down around slowly and they are broken into pieces.
- The tobiko and scallion are put into the large flat base frying pan when the eggs are more or less 80 % cooked. Continue stir frying until the eggs are cooked. By then, the tobiko will be a little bit under-cooked and it is fine because the tobiko will give you the different popping sensation when you eat later.
- Dish out the Tobiko Omelette and you quickly serve the Tobiko Omelette with steamed rice.