Tasty Bok Choy Chicken
This simple, easy to follow, short taking time – only more or less 20 minutes-, homemade recipe of Bok Choy Chicken will give you a healthy and tasty chicken dish with Bok Choy, garlic and light brown sauce that is really good not only for you but also for all of the members in your family! Do try!!
To those who don’t know or are not familiar with Bok Choy, this kind of Chinese cabbage is really healthy for you with its lightly bitter white stems and green leaves. Bok Choy can be cook in lots of different ways from boiling to stir frying.
When Bok Choy or any other kind of vegetable is stir fried, you can make it with garlic, oyster sauce or just plain. And then, some good sources of proteins, for examples, shrimp, beef, or chicken are usually added to Bok Choy or any other kind of vegetable that you like.
So, Bok Choy Chicken is a Chinese Vegetable Dish where Bok Choy and chicken are going to be stir-fried. When you cook vegetables, including Bok Choy, keep in mind that the right cooked Bok Choy will still look crunchy and the right cooked vegetables are still green in color and the stem and green leaves are still glazed.
Bok Choy and Chicken are two kinds of ingredients that pair well and you can also combine Bok Choy with some other ingredients such as tofu, fish cake, shrimp, mushroom, and sliced fish balls.
For your information, you can also safely eat raw Bok Choy after you clean up Bok Choy with cold water to eliminate dirt that was trapped inside the leaves or stems and like any other kind of vegetable, Bok Choy is also an excellent source of vitamins and antioxidants.
HOW MANY CALORIES OF BOK CHOY CHICKEN PER SERVING?
Bok Choy Chicken has only 188 calories per serving.
WHAT MEALS TO SERVE WITH BOK CHOY CHICKEN?
Some other meals such as Chow Mein, Sichuan Cold Noodles, and Shrimp Fried Rice can be served together with Bok Choy Chicken for more complete Chinese Food and for more complete weekday lunch and weeknight dinner.
One tasty dish that pairs well with Bok Choy Chicken is Chow Mein. It doesn’t take a long time to cook Chow Mein. You just spend more or less 15 minutes and you’ll have a tasty Chinese egg noodles.
To cook delicious Chow Mein, you need to have the ingredients such as 8 oz of steamed Chow Mein or fresh Chow Mein noodles, 2 tablespoons of cooking oil, 3 cloves of finely minced garlic, 2 oz of chopped into thin strips of chicken, 6 medium-sized, shelled and deveined of shrimp, ½ cup of shredded cabbage, ¼ cup of shredded carrot and 2 stalks of chopped into 2-inch strips of scallions.
Besides these ingredients, some other ingredients are needed to make the Chow Mein Sauce such as, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce, ½ teaspoon of sugar, ½ teaspoon of dark soy sauce and 2 tablespoons of water. Now, you are ready to cook Chow Mein.
First of all, all the ingredients of the Chow Mein Sauce are mixed together in a tiny mixing bowl and they are put aside.
And then, the cooking oil is heated up in the large frying pan. The garlic is put into the large frying pan and it is stir-fried until it becomes light brown or you smell its nice aroma.
Next, the chicken and shrimp are put into the large frying pan and they are stir-fried until they are half-cooked. The shredded cabbage and carrot are put into the large frying pan and several quick stirs are done.
After that, the noodles and the soy sauce mixture are put into the large frying pan and keep on stir-frying until the noodles are properly mixed with the sauce mixture and they are totally cooked through.
Finally, the chopped scallions are put into the large frying pan and another several stirs are done. They are dished out. Now, your homemade Chow Mein is ready and you serve it while it’s still hot. Enjoy!!
COURSE : MAIN COURSE
CUISINE : CHINESE
KEYWORD : BOK CHOY CHICKEN RECIPE
PREP TIME : 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME : 10 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME : 20 MINUTES
SERVINGS : 2 PEOPLE
CALORIES : 188 CALORIES
- 8 oz of sliced into pieces of Bok Choy
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 6 oz of chopped into thin pieces of skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 1 inch piece of peeled and sliced into pieces of ginger
FOR THE MARINADE :
- ½ tablespoon of cornstarch
- ½ tables
FOR THE SAUCE :
- ½ tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 3 dashes of white pepper
- 1 teaspoon of wine
- ¼ teaspoon of sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon of sugar
- The chicken pieces are marinated with the ingredients in Marinade for 10 minutes. All the ingredients in the Sauce are mixed in a tiny bowl. They are stirred to mix properly.
- Prepare a large flat base frying pan. And then, ½ tablespoon of cooking oil is heated in the large flat base frying pan until the cooking oil is hot.
- The chicken pieces are put into the large flat base frying pan and they are stir-fried fast until the exterior of the chicken pieces become white. They are dished out and put them aside. The juice in the chicken is sealed by doing this, so the chicken’s texture will be soft and smooth.
- The remaining cooking oil is heated up in the large flat base frying pan until the cooking oil is hot. The ginger is put into the large flat base frying pan and it is stir-fried until you smell its nice aroma. The pieces of chicken are put back into the large flat base frying pan and several quick stirs are done.
- The Bok Choy is put into the large flat base frying pan and they are stirred to mix properly. The Sauce is removed into the large flat base frying pan and keep on stir frying until the Bok Choy is cooked right and is still crunchy. Try your best not to overcook the Bok Choy.
- They are dished out and now your homemade Bok Choy Chicken is ready and you quickly serve it with steamed white rice.