This simple, easy to follow, short taking time –only more or less 20 minutes-, practical, homemade recipe of Tasty and Spicy Szechuan Cold Noodles will give a mouthwatering meal with spicy and tasty Szechuan sauce that is really good not only for you but also for all of the members in your family! Do try!!
Szechuan is a region in China that is famous for its spicy food. Most of Szechuan dishes always have a strong spicy taste and this Szechuan Cold Noodles are no exception.
To make this Tasty and Spicy Szechuan Cold Noodles, you need to have the ingredients such as dry noodles, ground peanuts, scallions, dried chili flakes, Szechuan peppercorn, Chinese black vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil and garlic.
How many calories per serving?
The Tasty and Spicy Szechuan Cold Noodles has 461 calories per serving.
What meals to serve with tasty and spicy szechuan cold noodles?
Some other meals such as Asian Cucumber Salad, Szechuan Red Oil Wontons, Ginger Soy Bok Choy and Scallion Pancakes can be served together with Tasty and Spicy Szechuan Cold Noodles for more complete weekday lunch and weeknight dinner.
- Course : main course
- Cuisine : asian (chinese)
- Keyword : szechuan noodles
- Prep time : 10 minutes
- Cook time : 10 minutes
- Total time : 20 minutes
- Servings : 2 people
- Calories : 461 calories
- 8 oz of dry noodles
- 2 tablespoons of ground peanuts
- 1 stalk of chopped into small rounds of scallion
For the chili oil :
- 5 tablespoons of oil
- 2 tablespoons of dried-chili flakes
- ½ tablespoon of Szechuan peppercorn
For the sauce :
- 1 tablespoon of Chinese Black Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 3 cloves of peeled and very finely minced of garlic
- ½ tablespoon of white sesame seeds
- Some salt up to your taste
- A pot of water is brought to a boil. The noodles are cooked according to the package instructions until al dente. They are dried-out and put aside.
- The chili oil is prepared by heating up a tiny pot on high heat. The oil is added and the oil is heated up until it becomes extremely hot. The heat is turned off and the red chili flakes and Szechuan peppercorns are added into the oil. The pot is covered with its lid as soon as possible as the oil will splatter.
- Just wait for more or less 5 minutes before removing the lid. The chili oil is filtered by using a strainer. The residue is thrown away and you just use the oil.
- The sauce is prepared by combining the chili oil and all of the ingredients in the Sauce together. They are whisked to combine properly.
- The noodles are thrown up and down slowly with Sauce. The ground peanuts and scallion are added. They are stirred to combine properly.
- Now, your homemade Tasty and Spicy Szechuan Cold Noodles are ready and you quickly serve it cold together with some other meals recommended above. Enjoy!!