The Yummy Sesame Oil Chicken
This simple, easy to follow, short taking time – only more or less 20 minutes-, homemade recipe of Sesame Oil Chicken will give a yummy chicken dish with lots of sesame oil and ginger giving you a very nice smell and yummy braised chicken that is really tasty chicken dish not only for you but also for all of the members in your family! Do try!!
Sesame Oil chicken is really tasty and healthy because of the ginger and sesame oil are two ingredients that will give power and nourish your body especially mothers who just delivered their babies and make the mothers become fit again as a fiddle in no time.
The nice thing about Sesame Oil Chicken is it needs only several simple ingredients such as chicken, sesame oil, ginger and soy sauce. The chicken will be stewed or braised in a clay pot and you will get the yummiest and the most delicious and tender chicken dish with a very nice aroma that you can enjoy with steamed white rice.
Once you know how to make Sesame Oil Chicken at home, you will find out how easy and tasty Sesame Oil Chicken is that you want to make it again and again and as mentioned earlier, you just need to spend 20 minutes to make Sesame Oil Chicken at home.
HOW MANY CALORIES OF SESAME OIL CHICKEN PER SERVING?
Sesame Oil Chicken has only 165 calories per serving.
WHAT MEALS TO SERVE WITH SESAME OIL CHICKEN?
Some other chicken dishes such as Honey Sesame Chicken Skewers, Honey Chicken and Sesame Chicken can be served together with Sesame Oil Chicken for more complete weekday lunch or weeknight dinner.
One yummy chicken dish that goes well with Sesame Oil Chicken is Honey Sesame Chicken Skewers. It takes only another 20 minutes to make this delicious pair dish for Sesame Oil Chicken.
To make the delicious Honey Sesame Chicken Skewers, you need to have the ingredients such as, 8 oz of chopped into tiny pieces of chicken thigh and leg meat, bamboo skewers, some oil for brushing, white sesame seeds, and chopped into small pieces of scallions.
Besides those ingredients, some other ingredients are also needed to make the Marinade for the Honey Sesame Chicken Skewers such as, 1 teaspoon of soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of oyster sauce, ¼ teaspoon of sesame oil, ¼ teaspoon of Chinese rice wine, ¼ teaspoon of five spice powder, 3 dashes of white pepper and ½ tablespoon of honey.
Now, you are ready to make Honey Sesame Chicken Skewers.
First of all, the chicken is cleaned up and chopped into tiny pieces. They are pat-dried with paper towels. The bamboo skewers are soaked for 30 minutes before you use them.
And then, the chicken tiny pieces are marinated with all the ingredients in the Marinade for 30 minutes. You must be sure that the chicken tiny pieces are well-coated with the Marinade.
Next, 3-4 pieces of chicken are threaded onto the bamboo skewers and they are put aside.
After that, the grill is heated up and the chicken skewers are grilled on both sides until they are well-cooked and a little bit burned or charred. Some oil is brushed on both exteriors while you grill the chicken skewers.
Finally, the Honey Sesame Chicken Skewers are topped with sesame seeds and chopped scallions.
Now, your homemade Honey Sesame Chicken Skewers are ready and you quickly serve your homemade Honey Sesame Chicken Skewers while they are still warm with steamed white rice and also with Sesame Oil Chicken. Enjoy!!
COURSE : MAIN COURSE
CUISINE : ASIAN (CHINESE)
KEYWORD : SESAME OIL CHICKEN
PREP TIME : 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME : 10 MINUTES
SERVINGS : 4 PEOPLE
CALORIES : 165 CALORIES
- 12 oz of chopped into pieces of chicken or bone-in chicken legs or thighs
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 2-3 inches of peeled and chopped into thin strips of ginger knob
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Chinese rice wine
- ½ cup of water
- 3 dashes of ground white pepper
- Prepare a large flat base frying pan. And then, the large flat base frying pan is heated up over high heat and the sesame oil is put into the large flat base frying pan.
- The ginger strips are put into the large flat base frying pan when the sesame oil is very hot and the ginger strips are stir-fried until they become light brown or until you smell its nice aroma.
- The chicken pieces are put into the large flat base frying pan and they are stir-fried for more or less 15 seconds before the soy sauce, ground white pepper and wine are put into the large flat base frying pan. The water is put into the large flat base frying pan and several quick stirs are done.
- The large flat base frying pan is covered with a lid and the heat is turned to low heat and the chicken pieces are let cooked for more or less 10 minutes or until the sauce becomes thick and the chicken pieces turn tender and soft.
- If the sauce dries up, give more water and the chicken pieces are kept on cooking until the chicken pieces become soft. They are dished out and now your homemade Sesame Oil Chicken is ready and you quickly serve your homemade Sesame Oil Chicken with steamed white rice.