This simple, easy to follow, short taking time – only more or less 15 minutes-, homemade recipe of Sauteed Shrimp will give you a yummy and tasty seafood dish of Sauteed Shrimp with white wine and garlic that is really good not only for you but also for all of the members in your family! Do try!!
From many different ways of cooking shrimp, to sauté the shrimp in the large flat base frying pan will be the easiest one for you to do at home. To sauté and sear your fresh and delicious shrimp is the simple way of bringing out the salty taste from the shrimp.
With only white wine, black pepper, garlic and salt, the shrimps are seasoned and you will get tasty and juicy Sauteed Shrimp for you and all of the members in your family.
To cook the Sauteed Shrimp, you just need several simple ingredients such as white wine, minced garlic, salt or soy sauce, ground black pepper and parsley. The shrimp can be sliced into halves if you have large shrimp. By doing this, the shrimp will be sautéed correctly and quickly cooked.
Try your best not to overcook the shrimp for the shrimp will become sticky. You can and may use the fresh water prawn that you can find and buy at Asian supermarket. The fresh water prawns with their large heads and firm tails should be sliced into halves lengthwise before you cook them.
Besides the fresh water prawns, it is also possible to use jumbo prawns or tiger prawns and gulf shrimp for making Sauteed Shrimp. To get a good end result, the shrimps must be sautéed with their shell on and head on.
The taste of the shell and head of the shrimps or prawns gives you strong flavor and aroma for the Sauteed Shrimp. So, what are you waiting for? Just start cooking this delicious Sauteed Shrimp.
One right pair dish for Sauteed Shrimp is Garlic Noodles. It doesn’t take a long time to cook Garlic Noodles. It takes 15 minutes for the preparation and 5 minutes for cooking the Garlic Noodles. So, you just spend altogether 20 minutes.
For Garlic Noodles, you need to have the ingredients such as 20 oz of yellow noodles or spaghetti, 1 tablespoon of bottled grated Parmesan cheese, and water to boil the noodles. Before cooking Garlic Noodles, you need to make Garlic Sauce.
To make the garlic sauce, you must have the ingredients such as 1 stick of unsalted butter, 2 tablespoons of minced garlic or up to your taste, 1 tablespoon of seasoning sauce, 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce, 1 tablespoon of fish sauce and 1 tablespoon of sugar.
Now, you are ready to cook the Garlic Noodles. First of all, the yellow noodles are cleaned up with running water to throw away the oil from the noodles. The noodles are dried-out and they are put aside.
Next, a pot of water is heated up until it comes to a boil. The noodles are put into the boiling water and the noodles are cooked until al dente or firm to the bite or for several minutes. The texture of the noodles can be tasted while you cook them. Try not to overcook the noodles for the noodles will become soft and wet. The noodles are removed out and they are dried out.
After that, the Garlic sauce is prepared using a sauté pan on medium to low heat. The butter is put into the sauté pan and when it melts, the garlic is put into the sauté pan and it is sautéed until you smell its nice aroma but not becomes browned.
And then, all the seasonings are put into the sauté pan and they are stirred to mix properly. The garlic sauce is removed into a tiny bowl.
Finally, to serve the Garlic Noodles, all the noodles are thrown up and down gently with the garlic sauce. The Parmesan Cheese is added and they are thrown up and down gently to mix properly. Now you homemade Garlic Noodles are ready and you quickly serve it with Sauteed Shrimp. Enjoy!!
HOW MANY CALORIES OF SAUTEED SHRIMP PER SERVING?
Sauteed Shrimp has only 161 calories per serving.
WHAT MEALS TO SERVE WITH SAUTEED SHRIMP?
Sauteed Shrimp is best served with rice or noodles. And some other meals such as Garlic Noodles, Sauteed Asparagus, Cilantro Lime Rice and Easy Spaghetti can be served together with Sauteed Shrimp for more complete and healthy weekday lunch or weeknight dinner.
COURSE : MAIN COURSE
CUISINE : INTERNATIONAL (SEAFOOD)
KEYWORD : SAUTEED SHRIMP
PREP TIME : 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 5 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME : 15 MINUTES
SERVINGS : 4 PEOPLE
CALORIES : 161 CALORIES
- 1 lb of shell on and head on of fresh water prawns or gulf shrimp or jumbo shrimp ortiger prawn
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- ½ teaspoon of salt or up to your taste or 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- ¼ cup of white wine
- 3 dashes of ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- The shrimps are cleaned up with cold running water. And then, the shrimps are pat-dried with paper towels. A pair of scissors is used to chop the legs off the shrimps. The shrimps are sliced into halves lengthwise. Put them aside.
- Prepare a large lat base frying pan. Next, the large flat base frying pan is heated up with the cooking oil. The garlic is sautéed back and forth for several times until the garlic is sizzled but not become browned.
- The shrimps are put into the large flat base frying pan, with first shell side down. The shrimps are sautéed and cooked until the shells change in color. The shrimps are flipped over and keep on sautéing.
- The salt or soy sauce, white wine, and black pepper are put into the large lat base frying pan. And then, the chopped parsley is put into the large flat base frying pan and the heat is turned off.
- The Sauteed Shrimp is dished out and it is quickly served with lemon wedges. The lemon juice is squeezed over the shrimp before you eat them.