Detailed Recipe for Pomegranate Cake
Ready to welcome Christmas? If you don’t have this pomegranate cake, you’re not ready yet. Follow the steps carefully and you’ll be ready to welcome the upcoming Christmas with the best homemade cake ever.
Course : cake, dessert
Cuisine : American
Keyword : pomegranate cake, Christmas cake
Prep Time : 2 hours
Cook Time : 30 minutes
Total Time : 2 hours 30 minutes
Servings : 15
Calories : 407 kcal per serving
Complete Ingredients to Make Pomegranate Cake for Christmas
- 6 large sized eggs in room temperature
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of unbleached flour
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
Pomegranate Topping Ingredients
- 6 ounces or ¾ cup of pomegranate juice
- 2 teaspoons of gelatin powder, the unflavored one
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1¼ or 1½ cups of large pomegranate’s seeds
Ingredients for Cake Syrup
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1½ cups of pomegranate juice
Cream Frosting Ingredients
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 stick of softened unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 blocks or 16 oz softened cream cheese, cut it into 16 different pieces
Detailed Instructions for Homemade Pomegranate Cake
Instructions for Cake Layers
- While preheating oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, prepare two pieces of 9 inched cake pans and line them with the parchment paper.
- Combine sugar and eggs inside bowl and mix them using electric mixer for about twelve minutes on the high speed. Make sure your mixture becomes fluffy and the volume is tripled. Whisk the flour and baking powder and sift it inside your beaten eggs. Fold the mixture using spatula until the entire flour becomes incorporated.
- Add vanilla to mixture and blend them together. Be careful so that your mixture will not be overmix.
- Pour your batter to lined and buttered cake pans. Bake them at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until your cake top turns golden brown. Avoid opening your oven for the first 25 minutes. After 25 to 28 minutes, cool down your cake on the wire rack then release them from pans.
Steps to Make Cake Layers’ Pomegranate Syrup
- Now make the syrup to soak your cake layers by combining both syrup ingredients and stirring them to combine. Make sure the sugar is totally dissolved.
Instructions for Pomegranate Cake’s Frosting
- Time to make the frosting. First, mix unsalted butter, salt, and powdered sugar together using stand mixer on the low speed for a minute until everything is combined. Increase to the medium high speed to make your mixture becomes fluffy and pale for about two minutes.
- Add the cream cheese one by one every three seconds. Beating for another minute after all cream cheeses are incorporated.
- Add a tablespoon of pomegranate juice per few seconds and mix for a minute until combined. Fridge your frosting until you’re ready to decorate your cake.
Assembling Pomegranate Cake
- Halve every layer of your cake so you will get four layers. Place first layer on serving platter. Brush ¼ syrup over it. Frost its top. Repeat to the other layers. Use frosting in small amount on pomegranate cake’s very top layer because you will spread pomegranate topping on it.
- Clean your cake platter from the excess syrup. Frost your cake’s sides. Create border on top of the cake that can contain pomegranate topping in generous layer.
- Fridge the cake for 30 minutes or more before adding pomegranate topping.
Making Pomegranate Topping While Cake in Fridge
- Place pom juice in sauce pan. Add vanilla and gelatin. Wait for a minute in order to soften the gelatin before heating it.
- Wick sugar then cook on medium heat. Stir until mixture steams and sugar dissolves.
- Cool down and place your sauce pan inside big bowl contains ice water. Stir the topping gently until cold and thickened slightly. Remove from ice, stir in seeds of pomegranate then spoon the topping on chilled cake immediately. Fridge the cake for an hour.
Your pomegranate cake is ready to welcome Christmas.