Original Tres Leches Receta for Beginners
Tres leches mean three types of milk. So tres leches receta means three-milk recipe.
If you’re a cake and desert lover, you definitely must try this amazing recipe of Mexican dessert at home. You’ll have to make holes into your cake and pour the three-milk syrup to make moist bite. Interested to bake this cake? Here comes the recipe.
Tips for Homemade Tres Leches Receta
- Measure wet and dry ingredients correctly.
- Fold your batter using spatula until the batter is perfectly incorporated but don’t overmix it.
- Cool your cake to the room temperature but avoid outdoor draft or else the eggy aroma will appear.
- Rest your cake at least 30 minutes before pouring on milk syrup so your cake will absorb the syrup properly.
- Bake your cake inside glass casserole or ceramic dish to get best rise. Besides, the dish lets you to serve it right away.
Course : Cake, Dessert
Cuisine : Mexican
Keyword : tres leches receta, tres leches cake
Prep Time : 30 minutes + 1 hour resting time
Cook Time : 30 minutes
Total Time : 2 hours
Servings : 12 people
Calories : 415 kcal
Ingredients for the Cake
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 5 large sized eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of sugar, divide it into ¼ cup and ¾ cup
- 1/3 cup of whole milk
- 1/3 cup of whipping cream, the heavy one
- 9 oz of condensed milk, the sweetened one
- 12 oz of evaporated milk
Ingredients for Cake Frosting
- 1 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 2 cups of whipping cream, heavy one
- 1 cup of garnish like berries or whatever you like
Instructions for Tres Leches Receta
- While preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, butter your 13×9 casserole pan and prepare three different mixing bowls.
- Sift your all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt into your big mixing bowl. Use two bowls to separate egg yolks and whites.
- Add ¾ cup of sugar to your egg yolks and beat them using electric mixer that has been set on the high speed. Keep beating for two minutes until your yolks turning pale. Pour the whole milk and vanilla, stir thoroughly.
- Move on to egg whites. Beat them on the high speed for about a minute to make them soft and peak. While keep beating using the mixer, pour in ¼ cup of sugar. Beat the mixture again on the high speed for a minute to get stiff egg whites. But make sure your egg whites don’t turn dry.
- Add the mixture of egg yolk to your flour mixture. Use spatula to combine them gently.
- Fold in the mixture of egg white gently using your spatula. Pour your batter into the pan you have prepared then spread in order to even out your cake’s surface. Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or keep baking until your toothpick come clean out of the cake.
- Make the syrup by combining three ingredients in measuring cup. Once your cake becomes cool, use fork to pierce your cake’s surface. Drizzle your syrup mixture slowly over your cake.
- To make the frosting, beat two ingredients on high speed until spreadable, whipped, and thick. Spread over your cake using spatula. Garnish your tres leches receta with berries or others.
Follow the recipe and the tips for successful homemade tres leches cake.