Special Mango Avocado Salad with Juiciest Chicken
Mango avocado salad is combining tangy, sweet, and savory ingredients. This salad is the most memorable and refreshing option since it meets honey vinaigrette dressing.
There are two way to top this salad: using wonton strips or the toasted almonds. This recipe is using the toasted almonds since they’re nutty, crunchy, and fragrant.
Preparing Mango for This Summer Salad
To make a perfect salad, you need to prepare the ingredients carefully. For example, when preparing the mango, you should know the right way to cut it. Use mango slicer or slim knife that’s sharp to slice off mango sides around its seed but keep close to the seed. Then scoop mango flesh from its skin. Dice or slice the mango.
Secret to Make Perfect Chicken for Mango Avocado Salad
We want our chicken to be juicy, and there’s a key to make it: using the instant read thermometer. Sautee the chicken breast but remove it immediately from your pan when the thermometer shows 165 degrees Fahrenheit. That is the temperature limit to Sautee juicy chicken.
Three Easy Steps to The Best Homemade Mango Avocado Salad
Course : salad, main course
Cuisine : American
Keyword : mango avocado salad, chicken avocado salad, chicken mango salad
Prep Time : 20 minutes
Cook Time : 10 minutes
Total Time : 30 minutes
Servings : 6 people
Calories : 352 kcal
Ingredients for The Salad
- 2 medium sized chicken breasts
- 1 mango, peel and dice
- 1 avocado, peel and dice
- 6 cups of romaine lettuce from 1 head, wash, chop, and dry it
- ½ of English cucumber, slice
- ½ cup of cherry tomatoes, halve them
- ½ of small sized purple onion, slide thinly
- ¼ cup of cilantro, chop
- ½ teaspoon of garlic salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper to taste
- ½ cup of sliced toasted almonds for topping
Ingredients for The Dressing
- ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper to taste
- Make the salad first by cutting your chicken breast into half lengthwise. Season the breast with pepper and garlic salt. Sautee it in olive oil and medium high heat. Cook three minutes each side until the breast cooked and browned. Remove chicken breast from pan and cool for about five minutes before slicing it into strips. Slice the breast against its grain.
- Take big salad bowl and add the chopped romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, mango, purple onion, and cilantro. Of course, you can skip the cilantro if you don’t like it.
- Now make the honey vinaigrette dressing by combining its all ingredients inside mason jar. Make sure it is tightly covered then shake everything together until it is well combined. Drizzle your salad dressing on the mango avocado salad, enjoy!
You can store the dressing inside mason jar. Every time you’re going to use it, make sure you shake it first before drizzling to the salad.