Honey Sesame Chicken
This simple, easy to follow, short taking time recipe –only more or less 25 minutes-, homemade recipe of Honey Sesame Chicken will give an amazingly delicious and crunchy chicken dish covered with its sweet, sticky and tasty honey sauce and sesame that you can enjoy with all of the members in your family! Do try!!
Honey Sesame Chicken is the perfect combination between two ingredients, honey and sesame. To enjoy this delicious chicken dish, you just need several simple ingredients that you can find and buy at any supermarkets or food stores. With these several simple ingredients, you can make Honey Sesame Chicken at your own convenience.
Honey Sesame Chicken, the deep fried chicken coated with rich and tasty sauce, is best served with warm steamed rice. It’s really yummy and you should sometimes spoil yourself, right? To have a nice deep-fried chicken, you just need a shallow fry, so you don’t really have to deep fry the chicken.
With a small non-stick sauté pan, about 2 inches of cooking oil and a pair of chopsticks, you can comfortably deep fry the chicken. No excess oil, no splattering oil, but only fried chicken pieces to cook with the sweet, sour and tasty honey sesame sauce.
HOW MANY CALORIES OF HONEY SESAME CHICKEN PER SERVING?
Honey Sesame Chicken has only 416 calories per serving.
WHAT MEALS TO SERVE WITH HONEY SESAME CHICKEN?
Some other meals such as Garlic Bok Choy, Chow Mein, Fried Rice, and Kung Pao Shrimp can be served together with Honey Sesame Chicken for more complete weekday lunch or weeknight dinner.
One easy and tasty pair dish for Honey Sesame chicken is Garlic Bok Choy. You just need several, actually only 3 ingredients, simple ingredients to cook garlic Bok Choy. And it takes only 10 minutes to cook Garlic Book Choy.
To cook Garlic Bok Choy, you just need the ingredients such as 1 tablespoon of cooking oil, 3 cloves of minced garlic, 8 oz of cleaned up and dried-out of baby bok choy and ¼ teaspoon of salt or up to your taste. Now, you are ready to cook Garlic Bok Choy.
First of all, you need to clean the baby bok choy by cleaning the vegetables with cold running water. You must clean up the insides of the bok choy because dirt and sands could be trapped inside. It is also possible to soak the bok choy in cold water for 5 minutes before drying out. A colander is used to dry out the the excess water before you prepare the bok choy.
Next, you need to know how to chop the bok choy. 1 inch of the bottom part of the stems is chopped. The leaves can be pulled off. Just chop into halves or chop into pieces if the leaves are bigger. Just cut off the bottom part of the stems if you have baby bok choy. Chopping them is not necessary because they are already small in size.
After that, you need to know how to stir fry the bok choy. A large flat base frying pan is heated up on high heat. The cooking oil is put into the large flat base frying pan and when the oil is fully heated, the garlic is put into the large flat base frying pan and the garlic is stirred fry until you smell its nice aroma.
Finally, the bok choy is put into the large flat base frying pan and they are quickly stirred fry for several times. The heat is turned off and the bok choy is dish out. It’s easy and simple, right? Now, your Garlic Bok Choy is ready and you can serve it with Honey Sesame Chicken. Enjoy!!
COURSE : MAIN COURSE
CUISINE : ASIAN (CHINESE)
KEYWORD : HONEY SESAME CHICKEN RECIPE
PREP TIME : 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 15 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME : 25 MINUTES
SERVINGS : 2 PEOPLE
CALORIES : 416 CALORIES
- 1 lb of chopped into 1 inch cubes or long strips of boneless chicken breasts
- Some cooking oil for deep frying
- 2 minced garlic
- Toasted sesame seeds
INGREDIENTS FOR THE FRYING BATTER :
- 1 of egg white
- ½ cup of sifted all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ cup of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- ½ cup of ice cold water
- 1 pinch of salt
INGREDIENTS FOR THE HONEY SESAMESAUCE :
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup of pure honey
- ½ tablespoon of ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- ½ cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- All of the “Frying Batter” ingredients are whisked together until they become smooth. Put them aside. The chicken cubes are dropped in and they are mixed properly until they are properly coated. Put them aside.
- All of the ingredients of the “Honey Sesame Sauce” are mixed together and they are put aside.
- A sauté pan is heated up on medium to high heat and more or less 2 inch of cooking oil is put into the sauté pan. The battered chicken cubes are dropped slowly one by one to make sure that it is spread out evenly to avoid from sticking together when the cooking oil is completely heated. Keep frying until the color becomes golden brown. Dish them out and dry them out on paper towels.
- 2 tablespoons of the frying oil in a large frying pan is removed and the garlic is stirred fry until you smell its nice aroma. The Honey Sesame Sauce is added and they are brought to a light simmered or until the sauce becomes thick.
- The chicken cubes are dropped in and they are stirred fry for several times to mix the sauce and the chicken cubes. The sesame seeds are added and they are dished out. Now, your Homemade Honey Sesame Chicken is ready and you quickly serve it with Steamed white rice. Enjoy!!