Garlic Butter Razor Clams
This simple, easy to follow, short taking time – only more or less 15 minutes, homemade recipe of Razor Clams using garlic butter and pepper sauce will give a yummy, sweet and tasty seafood not only for you but also for all of the members in your family! Do try!!
You can cook Razor Clams in several different ways such as steaming, baking or broiling in their shells. You can bread, deep fry or eat raw for the razor clam meat.
There are two kinds of razor clam. The first is Pacific razor clam which is round, short and egg-formed, and the other one is Atlantic Razor Clam which its 6-inch length, similar to a straight razor and long rectangle formed.
Besides other familiar seafood, razor clam is getting more and more famous especially when the high end restaurants serve razor clam on their list of menu.
There are things to do if you want to clean up the razor clams. First, to eliminate the sands, you need to put some salt into a big container of cold water. And then, the razor clams are soaked in the cold water and you must be sure that the razor clams are covered by the cold water.
Next, put them aside for 30 minutes. After that, the water is dried out and the razor clams are cleaned up with cold running water. Finally, the razor clams are removed to a colander and the remaining water is dried out.
To cook razor clams, you need to make garlic butter and pepper sauce that will make razor clams become very tasty. It is also recommended to use a cast iron flat base frying pan when cooking the razor clams.
To have a good end result, the cast iron flat base frying pan must be on maximum heat. So, you can frizzle and cook the razor clams very quickly on the stove top.
And finally, the garlic butter and pepper sauce is spooned over the razor clams and you’ll get very delicious seafood that you can make on your own at home!
HOW MANY CALORIES OF GARLIC BUTTER RAZOR CLAMS PER SERVING?
Razor Clams Garlic Butter has only 134 calories per serving.
WHAT OTHER SEAFOOD TO SERVE WITH GARLIC BUTTER RAZOR CLAMS?
Some other seafood such as Garlic Butter Lobster Tails, Baked King Crab, Lemon Butter Swai Fish, and Seafood Boil can be served together with Razor Clams for more complete Seafood and for more complete weekend meals.
A kind of seafood that pairs well with Garlic Butter Razor Clams is Garlic Butter Lobster Tails. It takes only 20 minutes to cook Garlic Butter Lobster Tails.
For Garlic Butter Lobster Tails, you need to have the ingredients such as, 1 lb or 4 of shell-on lobster tails, cayenne pepper, ½ stick or 4 tablespoons of melted salted butter, 4 cloves of minced garlic,1 teaspoon of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of chopped Italian parsley leaves, and lemon slices.
Now, you are ready to cook Garlic Butter Lobster Tails. First of all, the broiler on your oven is turned on.
Secondly, the lobster tails are melted if they are frozen ones. The top part of the lobster shell is chopped through using a pair of kitchen scissors. It is chopped again to a 1 inch rectangle shape.
Next, the lobster shell is removed to expose the lobster meat. The lobsters are arranged on a baking sheet or tray. A dash of cayenne pepper is added on the lobster flesh.
After that, the butter is melted in a microwave for about 30 seconds. The garlic, parsley and lemon juice are added to the melted butter. They are stirred to combine properly.
And then, the garlic butter mixture is drizzled and spread on the lobster. Some of it is saved for dipping.
Finally, the lobster tails are broiled in the oven for more or less 5-8 minutes or until the lobster meat becomes opaque and fully cooked.
Now, your homemade garlic Butter Lobster Tails is ready and you quickly serve it with the remaining garlic butter and lemon slices.
COURSE : MAIN COURSE
CUISINE : INTERNATIONAL (SEAFOOD)
KEYWORD : RAZOR CLAMS
PREP TIME : 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME : 5 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME : 15 MINUTES
SERVINGS : 3 PEOPLE
CALORIES : 134 CALORIES
- 1 ½ lbs of razor clams
- 3 tablespoons of melted unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon of pounded and chopped coarsely of black pepper corn
- 3 cloves of finely minced garlic
- 2 stalks of chopped into tiny rounds of scallion
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- The salt is put into a large container of cold water. The razor clams are soaked in the cold water. The water must cover the razor clams. The razor clams are put aside for 30 minutes. The water is dried-out and the razor clams are cleaned up with cold running water. The razor clams are removed to a colander and the remaining water is dried-out. Put them aside.
- The butter is heated up in a microwave for more or less 20-30 seconds until fully melted. The garlic, black pepper and scallions are added. They are stirred to mix properly.
- A cast iron flat base frying pan is heated up on high heat on stove top. The vegetable oil is put into the cast iron flat base frying pan when the cast iron flat base frying pan is fully heated up. The Razor Clams are arranged on the cast iron flat base frying pan in one layer.
- The razor clams are cooked on high heat until the razor clam shells are opened. The cast iron flat base frying pan can be covered with a cover to assist cooking the razor clams. The garlic butter mixture is spooned on each opened razor clam. The heat is turned off.
- Now, your homemade Garlic Butter Razor Clams is ready and you quickly serve it with Garlic Butter Lobster Tails. Enjoy!!