Multipurpose Banana Raisin Bread Recipe for Families
Everyone I meet loves banana raisin bread. This means you can welcome everyone who comes visit with your own banana bread and everybody will be happy. It is much better to make your own banana bread instead of purchasing ones from the store. Add some little love to this recipe you’re about to see and you’ll get the most delicious banana bread ever.
Unique Recipes for Banana Bread Lovers
This recipe is unique. With the recipe down here, you can make banana bread and even banana muffins. If you don’t like raisins and walnuts because of allergy or just don’t like the taste, skip them and the bread and muffins will still be the softest, scrumptious, and moist loaf. One excellent idea is replacing the raisins and walnuts with chocolate chips. Your kids would absolutely love this loaf.
Using Extra Ripe Bananas for Banana Raisin Bread
Using overripe bananas is a brilliant idea. If your banana is not ripe yet, there are few tricks to ripen them so they’ll be ready to make banana bread and muffins. Here are some tricks to try:
- Quick method
Little green bananas can be ripened quicker by placing them on baking sheet. Then bake them at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for fifteen minutes to twenty minutes, depend on bananas’ initial ripeness.
- 24-hour method
If you have time and are okay to wait for a day, place your bananas bunch (don’t separate them) inside paper bag. Cover the bag then leave them at the room temperature. Your bananas are going to emit ethylene that will cause ripening. Add an apple inside the bag also helps speeding up that process.
Course : snack, breakfast
Cuisine : American
Keyword : banana raisin bread, banana bread
Prep Time : 10 minutes
Cook Time : 1 hour
Total Time : 1 hour 10 minutes
Servings : 10 people
Calories : 350 kcal
- 3 medium or large sized bananas, choose the very ripe ones
- 2 large sized eggs, beat them lightly
- 1 cup of walnuts
- ½ cup of raisins
- 1½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ¾ cup of granulated sugar
- ½ cup of unsalted butter at the room temperature
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease loaf pan and then flour it. roast your walnuts lightly on skillet, stir it continuously so they don’t burn. Chop them coarsely and cool them.
- Prepare your mixing bowl, fill it with softened butter and sugar. Then cream them togethers. You can replace the sugar with honey.
- Use fork to mash your bananas until they become chunky applesauce. Add bananas to batter with eggs. Mix to blend them all.
- Use another bowl to whisk flour, baking soda, and salt. Then add this mixture to your batter. Add the vanilla extract then mix in the raisins and walnuts. Pour your batter to load pan. Bake for an hour. Let your banana bread stays in the pan for about ten minutes before you cool it on wire rack.
Slice your banana raisin bread and enjoy it with your loved ones. This bread is the best snack for families, especially for kids.