Tom Yum Soup Recipe
Tom Yum Soup – This recipe of Thai Tom Yum Goong is the best one you’ll ever try. This Tom Yum Soup , full of mushrooms and shrimps, gives you the mix of spicy, sour, flavoursome tastes you’ll never forget!
WHAT IS THE ORIGIN OF TOM YUM SOUP?
Tom Yum is one of the most famous kind of dishes from Thailand.Tom refers to “ boiling process” and Yum means “mixed” .In this best,original recipe of Tom Yum Goong ( Goong means Shrimp),you’ll see how easy to make a yummy Tom Yum Soup.If you want to,you may add some other seafood such as scallop and squid.
1.To cook the best Tom Yum,you need make shrimp boullion simply by boiling the shrimp heads with water.A well-made boullion will give you an excellent taste of Tom Yum.
2.To have the spicy taste of Tom Yum,use nam prik pao (Thai roasted chilies paste) and to create the flavorful taste,use the galangal,lemongrass , kaffir lime leaves and bird’s eye chilies.
3.To have the Bangkok style,a creamier and whiter Tom Yum,pour some tablespoon of evaporated milk into the soup.
INGREDIENTS FOR TOM YUM GOONG
- Shrimp boullion
- Lime juice
- Thai chilies
- Thai roasted chili paste
- Fish sauce
You are going to have the best bowl of Tom Yum Soup when you have all of these ingredients.
IS TOM YUM SOUP HEALTHY?
Thai people believe that Tom Yum is very good for their health.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TOM YUM AND TOM KHA?
Tom Kha uses coconut while Tom Yum doesn’t.
WHAT DISHES TO SERVE WITH THIS RECIPE?
Some other Thai Food such as Thai Shrimp Cake,Thai minced Chicken Salad ,Pad See Ew and Pineapple Fried Rice are best served with this meal.
PREP TIME : 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME : 10 MINUTES
TOTALTIME :25 MINUTES
CUISINE : ASIAN (THAILAND)
KEYWORD : TOM YUM REICIPE
CALORIES : 270 CALORIES PER SERVING
- 2 ½ cups of shrimp broth
- 10-12 shrimp,head-on,shell-on and chop off the eyes part
- 3 ½ tablespoons of lime juice
- 6 pounded bird’s eyes chilies
- 3 slices of galangal
- 6 bruised kaffir lime leaves
- 2 tablespoons of nam prik pao ( Thai roasted chili paste)
- 2 tablespoons of nam prik pao oil
- 3 teaspoons of fish sauce
- 1 stalk of lemongrass,cut into 3 inch strips,pounded with a cleaver
- 6 canned straw mushrooms / fresh oyster mushrooms / fresh white button mushrooms
- Prepare a pot and then boil 3 cups of water.Put a big handful of shrimp heads into the pot.Keep boiling the shrimp heads until the water turns slightly orange in color. Using a spatula, press the shrimp heads to take out the “goodies” from their heads. Let the boullion reduce to slightly more than 2 ½ cups.Throw out the shrimp heads and dry the shrimp boullion.
- Put the lemongrass,galangal,kaffir lime leaves,bird”s eyes chilies, mushrooms and the nam prik pao into the boullion and boil all of them. Next,add in all the shrimp and fish sauce.Finally,add lime juice. Make sure not to add the lime juice earlier or too early because it will make the Tom Yum soup taste bitter. Keep boiling until all of the shrimps are cooked and dish out. Serve the Tom Yum Goong Soup while it”s still hot.