Lemon Butter Swai Fish
Lemon butter Swai Fish – Pan fried fish with lemon butter sauce that is very tasty and healthy meal for you.In this simple,easy to follow and a very short taking time recipe – only 10 minutes from the beginning to the the end-you’ll practice how to cook The Swai Fish like the one you have at seafood restaurant.The ingredients are very simple and easy to find.
The taste of the special lemon butter sauce, easy to make though,mixed with the pan fried Swai Fish is so yummy!! You can serve this meal alone or with some spaghetti and marinated tomatoes for your weekday lunch or weeknight dinner. But,before you start to practice and come to the main part of this recipe, let’s get familiar with the main ingredient,”The Swai Fish”.
WHAT IS SWAI FISH?
Swai Fish or also called Basa Fish is a kind of catfish commonly found at Mekong River in Vietnam.This species of catfish has many other names such as panga, pangasius, cream dory, sutchi or tra. Swai is a white fleshed fish and neutral flavored fish. Swai fish is a freshwater fish that is known for its high protein+omega 3 and is also bred in many Vietnamese fish farms. Vietnam has a long history with Swai Fish since The Swai Fish is a native to Mekong River.
Eventhough the Swai Fish was first found at Mekong River, it is a common sight in Vietnam to breed Swai Fish in a small or large traditional,simple pond. Many Vietnamese love to breed the Swai Fish. The climate and the environment in Vietnam are really supportive and a perfect breeding ground to grow the Swai Fish easily and quickly. So, no wonder that more and more young Vietnamese choose to become Swai Fish breeders/farmers as their occupation. By becoming fish farmers, many Vietnamese earn quite a good income for the family just because of breeding the Swai Fish. Swai Fish is really a bless for the Vietnamese.
But,many people think that the way the Vietnamese fish farmers breed the Swai Fish is not good enough because sometimes in some traditional Swai Fish ponds, the ponds are not really clean and hygienic. But again, this criticism doesn’t stop the Vietnamese fish farmers to keep on breeding the Swai Fish. Even with its controversy, Swai Fish has become the pride of the nation in Vietnam and Vietnamese export the Swai Fish to many countries around the world that it becomes an important fish food in the international market.
That’s why Swai Fish has “Vietnamese catfish” for its international nickname. People around the globe start to pay attention to Swai Fish and with its international reputation, no wonder that more and more people love Swai fish especially its fillet for its affordable price and its delicate taste and semi-firm flesh. There is still much more to tell about Swai Fish but let’s save it for later. Now, you must focus yourself on how to cook Swai Fish. It is not that difficult to cook Swai Fish and actually, there are several ways of cooking the Swai Fish, but pan frying on a skillet is the easiest way of cooking the Swai Fish. By practicing this simple and short takingt ime recipe, you will get a restaurant quality pan fried Swai fish. Now, let’s move on to the Lemon Butter Swai Fish ingredients.
INGREDIENTS FOR AN EASY PAN FRIED LEMON BUTTER SWAI FISH
You just need 5 ingredients for this pan-fried Lemon Butter Swai Fish.Fresh lemon juice and melted butter are used to make the lemon butter sauce.You’ll see how easy it is !The five ingredients are :
- Swai Fish or Basa Fish
- Lemon juice
- Ground black pepper
- Salt to your taste
IS SWAI FISH HEALTHY?
Yes,you can consume Swai Fish on a monthly basis because it is rich in protein and omega 3. There is almost no fat and carb in Swai Fish, so it’s very healthy for you.
HOW MANY CALORIES PER SERVING?
This Lemon Butter Swai Fish has only 157 calories per serving.
WHAT MEALS TO SERVE WITH THE LEMON BUTTER SWAI FISH?
COURSE : MAIN COURSE
CUISINE : ASIAN
KEYWORD : SWAI RECIPE
PREP TIME : 5 MINUTES
COOK TIME : 5 MINUTES
ADDITIONAL TIME : 10 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME : 20 MINUTES
SERVING SIZE : 2 PEOPLE
CALORIES :157 CALORIES
- 1 lb of Swai or Basa Fish
- Ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted and melted butter
- ¼ cup of white wine
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of chopped Italian parsley
- Prepare the Swai Fish fillets.With cold water,clean up the Swai fish fillets.Use paper towel to pat them dry. With salt and ground black pepper, both sides of the fish fillets are seasoned.
- Prepare a frying pan.On medium-high heat,heat up the frying pan.And then,the vegetable oil is put into the frying pan.In about 1-2 minutes, the Swai Fish fillets are pan fried on each side. Gently, the fish fillet are turned over and the other side is pan fried until both sides of the fish fillets become light brown with slightly crunchy edges. Next, dish them out on a plate.
- Prepare a sauce pan.The melted butter is heated in a sauce pan. And then, the white wine, lemon juice and a pinch of salt are put into the sauce pan.Quickly after the sauce bubbles,turn off the heat.
- Finally, the lemon butter sauce is drizzled on The Swai Fish fillets and The Lemon Butter Swai Fish is beautifully decorated by the Italian Parsley, and your Lemon Buttter Swai Fish is now ready to be served.