This simple, easy to follow, short taking time – only more or less 20 minutes, homemade recipe of Japanese Teriyaki Chicken with the nice, tasty and sweet sauce will give a delicious Japanese Teriyaki Chicken not only for you but also for all of the members in your family. Do try!!
The best Teriyaki Chicken usually has crunchy skin. Grilling the chicken thighs is the best way to make the Teriyaki Chicken and then the chicken thighs are sliced and poured out by the nice, sweet and tasty teriyaki sauce.
Besides grilling the chicken thighs, it is also possible to pan fry the chicken thighs and you can also have chicken wings instead of the chicken thighs if you want to.
What do you have to do to have the best teriyaki chicken at home?
First of all, what makes the Teriyaki Chicken tasty is the sauce. So, the key to make very tasty sauce is the ingredients which are Japanese Sweet Rice Wine or Mirin, some sugar and Japanese Soy Sauce.
Next, it is recommended to have the bone –in and skin-on chicken thighs. The chicken thighs are seasoned with salt as the marinade. Then, the chicken thighs are pan fried until they are crunchy.
Finally, in a rice bowl, the teriyaki sauce is poured out on top of the chicken to serve the Tasty Japanese Teriyaki Chicken.
How many calories per serving ?
This Tasty Japanese Teriyaki Chicken has only 462 calories per serving.
What meals to serve with the tasty japnese teryaki chicken?
The Tasty Japanese Teriyaki Chicken is best served with steamed rice and some other meals such as, Shrimp Gyoza, Miso Soup, and Yakisoba or Japanese Fried Noodles can be served together with Teriyaki Chicken for more complete Japanese meals.
Course : main course
Cuisine : asian (japanese)
Keyword : japanese chicken teriyaki recipe
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cook time : 10 minutes
Totaltime : 20 minutes
Servings : 3 people
Calories : 462 calories
- 1 lb of deboned, bone-in and skin-on chicken thighs
- White sesame to decorate the teriyaki chicken (optional)
- Some salt
For the teriyaki sauce :
- 1/3 cup of Japanese Sweet Rice Wine or Mirin
- 2 tablespoons of Japanese soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Both sides of chicken thighs are a bit seasoned with a pinch of salt. All the ingredients of the Teriyaki Sauce are mixed in a sauce pan. They are simmered on low heat and it is reduced to a thick consistency for more or less 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare a non-stick large flat base frying pan. The large flat base frying pan is heated up on high heat. The chicken thighs are pan-fried with the skin side down first until both sides become well-browned and cooked completely.
- The skin is advisably pan-fried up to a crunchy texture. The heat is turned off and it is let cooled. And then, The Chicken Thighs are sliced into pieces and the teriyaki sauce is poured out over the chicken. Decorate the chicken with sesame seeds beautifully.
- Now, your Homemade Tasty Japanese Teriyaki Chicken is ready and you quickly serve the Tasty Japanese Teriyaki Chicken with warm steamed rice. Enjoy!!