This simple, easy to follow, short taking time – only more less 15 minutes, homemade recipe of The Nice and Healthy Korean Seaweed Salad with the healthy Korean dried-seaweed, salt, sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil and chili flakes is the right choice not only for you but also for all of the members in your family. Do try!!
Korean Seaweed or Miyeok in Korean Language is different from Japanese Seaweed or Wakame in Japanese Language. Miyeok is thicker than Wakame.
What do you have to do to have the best nice and healthy korean seaweed salad at home?
First of all, you need to have these following ingredients such as, Miyeok or Korean Seaweed, dried-chili flakes, lots of toasted sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, salt and sugar and white sesame seeds.
It is highly recommended to use lots of toasted sesame oil. Lots of toasted sesame oil is used to eliminate the fishy taste of the seaweed.
Next, all the seaweed with all the seasonings are mixed and marinated together to make the seaweed salad. After that, the Seaweed Salad is chilled in the fridge before the Seaweed Salad is served.
Now, your homemade Korean Seaweed Salad is ready and because it’s really healthy and it is not only full of vitamins and mineral but also low carbohydrate and fat. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s make this Nice and Healthy Korean Seaweed Salad and enjoy the benefits!
How many calories per serving?
This Nice and Healthy Korean Seaweed Salad has only 20 calories per serving!
What meals to serve with this nice and healthy korean seaweed salad?
Some other Korean main dishes such as, Kimchi Fried Rice, Jap Chae, Kimchi Dumplings and Korean Fried Chicken can be served after this nice appetizer of Korean Seaweed Salad for more complete Korean Food and a nice weeknight dinner.
- Course : appetizer (side dish)
- Cuisine : asian (korean)
- Keyword : korean seaweed salad
- Prep time : 10 minutes
- Cook time : 5 minutes
- Total time : 15 minutes
- Servings : 4 people
- Calories : 20 calories
- 1 oz of Miyeok or Korean Dried-Seaweed
- 1 teaspoon of dried-red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon of rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- Some salt up to your taste
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of white sesame seeds
- Prepare a pot of water. And then, the pot of water is heated up and it is brought to a boil. The dried-seaweed is boiled for more or less 3 minutes or until they become soft. The water is dried-out and the excess water is squeezed out of the seaweed. Put them aside and they are let cool.
- All of the seasonings and ingredients are put into the seaweed and they are thrown up and down slowly and properly. The Korean Seaweed Salad is then chilled in the fridge and it is served cold. Enjoy!!