This simple, easy to follow, short taking time – only more or less 25 minutes-, homemade recipe of The Nice and Easy Clam Bake with clams and shellfish cooked on a stove top using a large flat base frying pan will give a nice and tasty Clam Bake not only for you but also for all of the members in your family. Do try!!
Clam Bake is actually is an all-American Seafood Dish that is usually enjoyed during summer with some other seafood such as Seafood Boil, Crawfish Boil and Shrimp Boil.
Besides using a large flat base frying pan, you can also cook this Clam Bake using a gas grill to make the summer backyard clam bake.
Some common ingredients such as clams, shrimp, mussels, corn, potatoes and lobsters are needed to make the nice and easy clam bake.
Some other optional ingredients such as beer, smoked sausages and seaweed can be added if you want to and you can also skip the beer and change it with water.
How many calories per serving ?
This Nice and Easy Clam Bake has 225 calories per serving.
What meals to serve with the nice and easy clam bake?
Some other meals such as, Crab Legs with Garlic Lemon Butter, Lobster Rolls, Summer Seafood Stew and Crawfish Boil can be served together with the Nice and Easy Clam bake.
Course : main course
Cuisine : american
Keyword : clam bake recipe
Prep time : 15 minutes
Cook time : 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Servings : 3 people
Calories : 225 calories
- ½ stick of melted and cooled of unsalted butter
- 6 cloves of garlic
- ½ lb of shell-on and deveined shrimp
- ½ lb of clams
- ½ lb of scrubbed and beaded of mussels
- 8 oz of small red potatoes
- 1 ear of shucked and chopped into 4 pieces of fresh corn
- ¼ cup of beer or white wine
- 1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning
- 3 dashes of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of chopped parsley
- Some melted butter for dipping
- Lemon wedges
- The potatoes and corns are par-boiled until they are cooked. They are dried-out and put them aside.
- Prepare a large cast iron flat base frying pan. The large cast iron flat base frying pan is heated up on stove top. The melted butter is put into the large cast iron flat base frying pan and the garlic is sautéed.
- The shrimps, clams, mussels, red potatoes and corns are put into the large cast iron flat base frying pan. The beer or white wine, Cajun seasoning and ground black pepper are added. The heat is turned to low, the large cast iron flat base frying pan is covered and they are cooked for more or less 10 minutes or until all the shell fish are cooked.
- The parsley is added and they are stirred to mix properly. Now, The Nice and Easy Clam Bake are ready and you quickly serve it with melted butter and lemon wedges. Enjoy!!