Have you ever heard or known “Soto Ayam?” “Soto Ayam” is actually a chicken soup that is very famous in Indonesia and quite popular in Malaysia. It is usually served either with rice noodles or with rice cakes or Ketupat.
This simple, easy to follow, practical, homemade recipe of Soto Ayam will give a very tasty and mouthwatering meal not only for you but also for all of the members in your family. Do try!!
With the coconut milk, turmeric and spices, the Soto Ayam will become amazingly delicious and you and your family will really enjoy it especially in a cold night.
How many calories per serving ?
This Amazingly Delicious Soto Ayam has only 515 calories per serving.
What meals to serve with the amazingly delicious soto ayam?
Some other meals such as, Beef Satay, Sambal Udang or Prawn Sambal and Nasi Lemak can be served together with The Amazingly Delicious Soto Ayam for more complete weeknight dinner.
Course : main course
Cuisine : asian (indonesian)
Keyword : soto ayam recipe
Prep time : 15 minutes
Cook time : 35 minutes
Total time : 50 minutes
Servings : 4 people
Calories : 515 calories
- ½ pack or 8 oz of rice noodles
- 1 skinless and boneless of chopped into cubes of chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 1 can of coconut milk or 400 ml
- 1 stalk of chopped into 3 strips of lemon grass
- 1 can of chicken stock or 14.05 oz or 411 g
- 1 cup of water
- Some salt up to your taste
For the spice paste :
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds
- 4 peeled of shallots
- 3 cloves of peeled garlic
- 1 piece of peeled turmeric (2 inch) or 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder
- 1 piece of peeled and sliced into 2 inch of galangal
- 1 piece of peeled and sliced into 2 inch of ginger
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
For the toppings :
- 2 cups of bean sprouts
- 2 of chopped into wedges of hard-boiled eggs
- 2 cups of sliced cabbage (optional)
- 1 stalk of chopped into rounds of spring onion
- 2 of chopped into wedges of lime
- Fried shallots crisps
- The rice noodles are soaked in warm water to make them soft. Put them aside.
- The Spice Paste is blended in a food processor. Some water is added when necessary.
- The oil in a pot on medium high heat is added. The Spice Paste is added and with a spatula, it is stirred back and forth until you smell its nice aroma.
- The chicken stock, coconut milk, lemon grass, and water are added. They are brought to a boil. The chicken breast cubes are added. The pot is covered and they are simmered on low heat for more or less 30 minutes. Some salt are added up to your taste.
- The rice noodles, bean sprouts, cabbage are blanched in another pot of boiling water. They are removed to a bowl when they are cooked. The Toppings of hard boiled-eggs, spring onions are added. The hot chicken stock is added into the bowl.
- Now, your homemade Soto Ayam is ready and you serve it hot with lime wedges and shallot crisps on top of the noodles. Enjoy!!