Sweet Chili Chicken
This simple, easy to follow, short taking time – only more or less 25 minutes-, homemade recipe of Sweet Chili Chicken will give you a very tasty and yummy Chicken Dish with crunchy chicken and Thai Sweet Chili Sauce that you want to have it up to the last bite. Do try!!
Who doesn’t love chicken? Besides its delicious taste, chicken is also a good source of proteins and it is easy to cook. With Thai Sweet Chili Sauce, this Sweet chili Chicken is just perfect for you and all of the members in your family.
This special Thai Sweet Chili sauce with its a little bit spicy, sweet, sticky and orange color really pairs perfectly with almost anything from Sweet Chili Salmon, Shrimp and Shrimp Skewers, Noodles, Brussels sprouts to eggs.
The Thai Sweet Chili Sauce can also be used for a dipping sauce for chicken wontons, shrimp cake, salmon patties, and chicken lettuce wraps. These lists can continue more and more to many other Asian Cuisines.
WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DO TO MAKE YOUR OWN AND THE BEST SWEET CHILI CHICKEN AT HOME?
First of all, you need to have the ingredients such as skinless and boneless chicken, sufficient cooking oil for deep frying, minced garlic, 1 tablespoon of cooking oil, bottled Thai Sweet Chili Sauce, lime juice, a little salt, white sesame and cilantro leaves. Now, you are ready to cook The Sweet Chili Chicken with only several easy steps.
For the first step, you chop the skinless and boneless chicken into pieces. And then, the batter is prepared and the pieces of chicken are coated with the batter. And the last step, the crunchy pieces of chicken are deep fried and they are stir-fried in the skillet or a large flat base frying pan with the Thai Sweet Chili Sauce, lime juice and some minced garlic.
When you want to serve your homemade Sweet Chili Chicken, first, the chicken is beautifully decorated with sesame seeds and chopped cilantro leaves and Voila, you have the best and tasty Sweet Chili Chicken for lunch and dinner!
HOW MANY CALORIES OFSWEET CHILI CHICKEN PER SERVING?
This Sweet Chili Chicken has only 282 calories per serving.
WHAT MEALS TO SERVE WITH SWEET CHILI CHICKEN?
Steamed Rice is the best companion for The Sweet Chili Chicken and some other meals such as Red Chicken Curry, Tom Yum Soup, Thai Shrimp Cake, and Pineapple Fried Rice can be served together with Sweet Chili Chicken for more complete Thai Food and for more complete weekday lunch or weeknight dinner.
A PIECE OF INFORMATION ABOUT TOM YUM SOUP
One pair dish for Sweet Chili Chicken is Tom Yum Soup. Tom Yum Soup with full of mushrooms and shrimps will give you the mix of spicy, sour and flavorsome taste you’ll never forget. Tom Yum Soup is one of the most famous kinds of dishes from Thailand. Tom refers to “boiling process” and Yum means “mixed”.
To cook the best Tom Yum, you need to make shrimp broth simply by boiling the shrimp heads with water. A well-made broth will give you an excellent taste of Tom Yum.
To have the spicy taste of Tom Yum, use Nam Prik Pao (Thai Roasted Chilies Paste).and to create the flavorful taste, use galangal, kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass and bird’s eye chilies.
To have the Bangkok Style, a creamier and whiter Tom Yum, pour some tablespoons of evaporated milk into the soup. Well, that’s a glance of Tom Yum Soup.
COURSE : MAIN COURSE
CUISINE : ASIAN ( THAI)
KEYWORD : SWEET CHILI CHICKEN
PREP TIME : 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME : 10 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME : 25 MINUTES
SERVINGS : 3 PEOPLE
CALORIES : 282 CALORIES
- 12 oz of boneless and skinless, chopped into tiny pieces of chicken breasts or thighs
- Enough cooking oil for the deep frying
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons of bottled Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon of white sesame
- ½ tablespoon of chopped cilantro leaves
FOR THE FRYING BATTER :
- ½ cup of all purpose flour
- ¼ cup of cornstarch
- 1 white egg
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ cup of ice cold water
- All of the ingredients for the batter are mixed until all of them are mixed properly. The chicken pieces are added into the batter.
- Prepare a large flat base frying pan. With more or less 2 inches of cooking oil, the large flat base frying pan is heated up. When the cooking oil is completely heated, the chicken pieces are quickly deep-fried until they become golden brown. The chicken pieces are removed out to a dish lined with paper towels to sock up the remaining oil.
- The large flat base frying pan is cleaned up and then, the large flat base frying pan is heated up on medium heat. The oil is added and the garlic is stir-fried until you smell its nice aroma. The fried chicken pieces are removed into the large flat base frying pan followed by the Thai Sweet Chili Sauce, lime juice, and salt. The fried chicken pieces are stirred to coat properly with the Thai Sweet Chili Sauce.
- Dish them out. The fried chicken pieces coated with Thai Sweet Chili Sauce are beautifully decorated with white sesame and cilantro leaves. Now, your Homemade Sweet Chili Chicken is ready and you quickly serve The Sweet Chili Chicken.