Steamed Fish Recipe
This simple, easy to follow, short taking time – only more or less 20 minutes-, homemade recipe of Steamed Fish will give you a tasty, healthy and yummy fish dish with soy sauce that is really good not only for you but also for all of the members in your family. Do try!!
Fish is a good source of proteins. There are several ways to cook fish from frying, baking, and grilling to steaming. The Steamed Fish with soy sauce which is topped with shredded ginger, cilantro leaves and scallion that you are going to make can be simply enjoyed with a bowl of rice and maybe another bowl of rice. How is the taste of The Steamed Fish? It’s marvelously yummy and appetizing!
From the many choices to cook fish, it is believed that steaming the fish will give you its delicate, silky and tender fish flesh. That’s the reason why many people love to have Steamed Fish.
You may enjoy a certain part of Steamed Fish different from the others, but no matter simple yet yummy Steamed Fish is, you need to have special tricks and ability to have the best result for your Homemade Steamed Fish so you can have restaurant quality of Steamed Fish.
In Japanese tradition, people commonly use Ponzu sauce, which creates a sweet and sour taste, for the Steamed fish. Unlike the Japanese, this recipe of Steamed Fish will use Soy Sauce instead of Ponzu sauce.
You will also find out the secret ingredient on how to make a delicious Soy Sauce for the Steamed Fish. Now, let’s find out more about the Steamed Fish.
WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DO TO MAKE YOUR OWN AND THE BEST STEAMED FISH AT HOME?
There are things you need to know besides the ingredients. Firstly, it is strongly recommended to have fresh fish for your Steamed Fish. And then, it is important to set how much time is needed to steam the fish. It takes 8 minutes for smaller fish and 10 minutes for bigger fish.
After that, you must throw away the fishy and cloudy fish water after you steam the fish. A bitter and fishy taste will happen if you don’t do this. Next, you need to use rock sugar for the soy sauce of the Steamed Fish. The rock sugar is the thing you need to have a tasty soy sauce for the Steamed Fish.
And last but not least, the use of some “hot cooking oil”. You just heat up some cooking oil in the large frying pan and it is poured over the fish before the fish is added with the soy sauce. When you do this, your Steamed Fish has the nice gleam before it is topped with the soy sauce mixture.
HOW MANY CALORIESOF STEAMED FISH PER SERVING?
The Steamed Fish has only 344 calories per serving.
COURSE : MAIN COURSE
CUISINE : ASIAN (CHINESE)
KEYWORD : STEAMED FISH RECIPE
PREP TIME : 10 MINUTES
STEAMED TIME : 8-10 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME : 20 MINUTES
CALORIES : 344 CALORIES
- 1 .5 lb of live-fresh fish
- 1 stalk of chopped into 2-inch length, then chopped into thin silken threads of scallion
- 2 inches of peeled and chopped into thin strips of ginger
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon of rice wine
FOR THE SOY SAUCE MIXTURE OF THE STEAMED FISH :
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 4 tablespoons of light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine
- ¼ teaspoon of sesame oil
- 3 dashes of white pepper powder
- 2 tablespoons of ground into powder form or up to your taste of rock sugar
- The fish is cleaned up completely the best you can by removing the guts, gills or scales, etc. and it is pat dried. Prepare a tiny bowl. And then, the soy sauce mixture is blended in the tiny bowl and put it aside.
- The fish is laid on a plate and it is drizzled with 1 tablespoon of rice wine on top of the fish. The fish is topped with a half of the chopped of ginger strips.
- Prepare a large flat base frying pan. And then, the large flat base frying pan is heated up with sufficient water for steaming the fish. Just give several minutes until the water boils and quickly after the water boils, the fish is placed inside the large flat base frying pan which is propped up with a tiny inverted bowl or several wooden blocks used for steaming.
- The large flat base frying pan is covered strongly and your kitchen alarm is set to 8 minutes.
- Quickly after the fish is completely steamed, it is removed out of the large flat base frying pan. The fish water and ginger strips are thrown away. The remaining ginger strips are laid upon the top of the fish.
- A pan is heated up over high heat and 2 tablespoons of cooking oil is put into the pan. The cooking oil is twisted around until it becomes hot. The hot cooking oil is poured over the Steamed Fish. The pan is put back onto the stove and the soy mixture is put into the pan and it is stirred to mix well.
- Quickly after the soy sauce foams up and boils, the soy sauce is poured over the fish. With scallions and cilantro leaves, the fish is topped. Now Your Homemade Steamed Fish is ready and you serve it with a bowl of white rice.