Spicy Korean Chicken
Spicy Korean Chicken or Yangnyeom in Korean, is one of the most favorite Korean food. This simple, short taking time – less than half an hour-, and easy to follow recipe of Spicy Korean Chicken with its hot marinade sauce wiil give you a sensational, mouth watering meal that you’ll enjoy and never forget for the rest of your life.
Korean food is getting more and more popular these days, especially with the spread of the Korean Pop Culture all over the world. Many people around the world are crazy about Korean Pop Songs and Stars and because of the Korean Pop culture, people acrossed the globe are also curious and interested in knowing and trying out Korean Food. And with so many Korean Restaurants opened and spread in many different countries,it makes it easier for the people to go to Korean eateries and try out a different taste of Korean Food.
Many people who already tried out the Korean Food usually expressed their satisfaction by mentioning that they would love to have the Korean Food again in the near future. From a modest and quite affordable kind of restaurant to a kind of more luxurious and expensive restaurant, each of the restaurant usually will give you a certain atmosphere and offer you its specialty.With the authentic and special Korean ingredients, Korean Food gains its popularity internationally and nowadays, it’s easy enough to find and buy the ingredients for Korean food because you can also buy them online.Like many Asian Cuisines, Korean Food also offers you a wide variety of dishes such as a nice,simple and yummy kimchi fried rice, Korean dumplings and many other palatable meals.
The food list will always continue to offer you a mouthwatering meal and it will always be interesting and nice to talk about Korean food. And when talking about Korean food, it is unavoidable not to mention Korean Chicken especially The Spicy Korean Chicken with its hot, unique Korean chili paste called Gochujang.This authentic chili paste is probably what makes people fall in love with the Spicy Korean Chicken. Anyway, who doesn’t love chicken? And Koreans are also good at processing the chicken in such a way that they have many varieties of delicious chicken meals. Just name it, from the easy pan-fried chicken or grilled chicken to a more complex cooking process. But in this recipe, we will only focus on one of everybody’s favorite, ”Spicy Korean Chicken”. Let’s get start it.
HOW DO YOU COOK SPICY KOREAN CHICKEN?
It’s not that complicated to make this Spicy Korean Chicken because it has few ingredients and you can cook it in several different ways.And the secret,of course,is the use of the special Korean chili paste or Gochujang.
Many of you are probably familiar with Korean BBQ Chicken called kalbi (Korean short ribs BBQ).This Spicy Korean Chicken which has fewer ingredients in the marinade is just a more simple adjustment of the Korean BBQ Chicken.You can make it by grilling,baking in the oven,or simply by pan frying on a skillet.
SPICY KOREAN CHICKEN SAUCE
The Spicy Korean Chicken has its own unique hot sauce.Koreans have the special chili paste called Gochujang.This Special Korean chili paste is not really that spicy but it will increase your appetite and make this meal more delicious for you to enjoy.It won’t be difficult for you to find the Korean ingredients because you can easily buy them at Asian stores or at the international aisle of your convenient stores or regular supermarket or just buy them online at Amazon.So,what are you waiting for? Go get the Gocchujang,marinate lots of chicken,dig in and have a good time with the mouthwatering and incredible taste of “The Spicy Korean Chicken!” By the way,this meal is best served with steamed rice and some boiled vegetables.Just serve the Spicy Korean Chicken on top the steamed rice and enjoy!
WHAT MEALS TO SERVE WITH THIS SPICY KOREAN CHICKEN?
As mentioned above,this Spicy Korean Chicken is best served with steamed rice and some boiled vegetables,but if you want to have more complete and nice weeknight dinner,you may have other dishes such as Kimchi Dumplings,Kimchi Fried Rice and Spicy Korean Tofu.
COURSE : MAIN COURSE
CUISINE : ASIAN (KOREAN)
KEYWORD : KOREAN CHICKEN
PREP TIME : 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME :15 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME : 25 MINUTES
SERVING SIZE : 4 PEOPLE
CALORIES : 261 CALORIES
1 lb of skinless and boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 1 ½ spoons of Gochujang or Korean chili paste
- 1 teaspoon of Korean red chili powder,gochugaru or regular chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons of sugar
- 1 piece of peeled and 1 inch minced of ginger
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- Salt to your taste
- Prepare the chicken thighs on the cutting board.To make thinner pieces of the chicken meat,thinly chopped the chicken thighs horizontally.Each piece,depends on the chicken thigh’s thicknes,of chicken thigh is thinly chopped into 2 or 3 horizontal pieces and then,put them aside.
- Prepare all the ingredients in the Marinade and a bowl.In the bowl,combine or mix all the ingredients in the Marinade and to make sure the Gochujang or the Korean chili paste is fully dissolved,whisk it.For half an hour or for 2 hours at best,marinate the chicken meat.
- Finally,the marinated chicken is grilled until slightly charred and fully cooked through.If you want to ,you can also bake the chicken in the oven at 400 F or just pan fry the chicken on the frying pan or skillet.Now, your Korean Spicy Chicken is ready and just serve it quickly with the steamed rice.