Trying to make your own easy Stromboli at home? Then you’ll fall in love with this special recipe. Everything about Stromboli, including its gooey cheese and crispy crust, is going to make feel like you just made the best dish. Unfortunately, not anyone can make the best Stromboli that comes with special taste. But lucky for you, you’re in the best place to find the best recipe of tasty Stromboli.
That makes Stromboli special is its toppings. And speaking about toppings, there are bunch of options can be chosen. This time, you’ll be using cheese, Italian sausage, also pepperoni for Stromboli toppings. Still, you’re free to add some other ingredients as toppings like mushrooms, peppers, onions, ham, and olives. It’s your Stromboli, so be free to add more toppings you desire.
Ingredients for Tasty but Easy Stromboli
- 1 can of thin crust pizza dough that has been refrigerated, about 11 ounces
- 1/3 cup of pizza sauce and some other cup for dipping
- ½ cup of sliced pepperoni or 2.5 ounces of it
- 1 cup of cooked crumbled Italian sausage
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese that has been shredded
- Some other toppings you love like the ones mentioned above
When preparing ingredients before you start making Stromboli, you need to remember that adding more toppings are going to make the cooking time a little bit longer. If you really love vegetables and want many of them as your pizza’s topping, you better know that many veggies are going to make your pizza crust becomes soggy. Be careful before adding some ingredients.
- Big baking sheet to bake the Stromboli
- Parchment paper
- Knife or scissor to make the diagonal slits
- Spoon or brush to spread the sauce
Steps to Take to Cook Easy Stromboli
- Preheat your oven in 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add parchment paper on top of your big baking sheet.
- Open your pizza dough’s can then stretch the dough even and thin on parchment paper.
- Top that pizza dough with sauce and pepperoni. Then add the cooked sausage before covering it with mozzarella cheese.
- Go to one side of the dough then start rolling it like jelly roll.
- Slide your dough to the center of your parchment paper in order to make the dough’s seam stays on bottom.
- Create some diagonal slits right into your pizza crust.
- Place it in the oven and bake it for fifteen minutes or twenty minutes. You may finish when your Stromboli becomes golden brown.
- Make sure you serve this dish warm along with dipping sauce.
This recipe is going to give you six servings of Stromboli. You’re going to spend fifteen minutes to make preparation. Then you’ll be spending twenty minutes to cook. So the total time you’ll spend to finish making this dish is just thirty five minutes. Don’t you want to make this easy and quick menu for your family? It is nice for dinner with kids or for your snack time. Just give it a try.
You’re a vegan? Then you may don’t like the recipe you just read. No, don’t move on yet. There’s always an alternative for everything. If you really want Stromboli but not the one above that contains pepperoni and sausage, you’ll love the vegan Stromboli down here.
Vegan version only requires you to change the toppings of the Stromboli. Instead of using meat products, try alternative toppings including grainy mustard, some slices of vegan deli meat that’s flavorful, vegan cheese that’s smoky sharp, red onion that’s sweet, and spicy jalapenos. Melting and gooey cheese, mellow and soften onions, deli slices that are savory, hot jalapenos, spicy mustards.
Those ingredients are going to make you feel so happy. Can you imagine biting those ingredients between soft pizza dough? It is not only real good but also truly easy to be made. About the vegan cheese, you can make it yourself or get the store bought. Both mozzarella cheese for vegan and jalapeno cheese that’s roasted are incredible options for your Stromboli.
Just like the vegan cheese, substitute the meats with vegan deli slices. Sure you can buy the vegan deli slices in store or make it yourself. To make your Stromboli tastes better, you need to combine two different types of cheeses. For example you can mix cheddar styled vegan cheese and smoked provolone cheese. Is there any other ways to use mixed cheeses? Sure there is.
You’re free to choose two between smoked Gouda, provolone that’s not smoked, Swiss cheese, mozzarella, and the pepper jack styled vegan cheese. Just make sure that you choose the cheeses you really love. If you don’t like some of those cheeses, just pick one – mozzarella – that’s the most standard cheese used in almost every meal since so many people love this dish.
The Rules of Rolling Easy Stromboli
Before you roll your Stromboli, you’ll need to fill the pizza dough with proper ingredients. Here’s the way to layer your pizza dough. First, spread the mustard then place the cheese(s) you desire. Then add deli slices along with jalapeno and also the red onion. Now start rolling up your Stromboli. But wait, you can always add one more toppings layer to prevent overstuffing the Stromboli.
Baking stone and baking steel inside the oven can be used to bake your Stromboli. You can also bake this dish on your baking tray. Move your Stromboli to one parchment paper. There’s no need to spread flour to your parchment paper since this paper isn’t going to stick even though it has been baked. Are you ready to serve the Stromboli? No, not yet.
Once you pulled it out of the oven, you need to let the Stromboli cool down for few minutes. Provide pesto or tomato sauce for dipping. You want a tasty appetizer? Stromboli is what you want. Do you need to kill time by snacking? Then your movie time will be more stunning by the presence of Stromboli. Wait no more, go try this recipe in your kitchen.