Looking for a quick made and delicious dinner? You’ll love this easy to made biscuit chicken pot pie. Unlike the other recipes, this one is using something special like Grand biscuits that are semi-homemade ingredient. Steps down here are going to make you everyone at home happy, since here’s a recipe with the flavors everyone would love.
Another special thing about this recipe is the shredded chicken. Shredded rotisserie chicken is absolutely perfect and also excellent time saver. Who doesn’t love rotisserie? You sure can take two of rotisserie chicken then shred them both. Freeze one of them. Can you imagine how tasty this dinner meal would be? I can’t wait to see yours!
Best Taste of Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie
Everybody’s wondering what makes this recipe the best. The key is to pre bake your biscuits on sheet pan that has been lined with a parchment paper. Precook biscuits for about half time before placing them above your chicken mixture is absolutely working. But when you’re placing the biscuit above chicken mixture, make sure you place them upside down. It is necessary to finish the baking.
The step above is going to bake both biscuits’ sides evenly. Since the veggies and chicken are cooked already, you must then bake the biscuits completely. Now, are you ready to start cooking? Follow our steps down here.
What to Prepare Before Cooking Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie
When you enter the kitchen, ingredients aren’t the only things you must prepare before you start cooking. Tools do matter too. So here’s list of utensils you’ll absolutely need to create the perfect dinner.
- Baking dish
- Sauce pan
- Parchment paper to bake
Now you can get the entire ingredients to your prep table. Here’s what you have to collect.
Ingredients to Prepare in Making Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 can of Pillsbury Grand branded biscuits contain 8 biscuits
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 package of frozen mixed vegetables containing carrots, corns, green beans, and peas
- 2 cooked rotisserie chicken, shred them
- 1 or 2 cups of chicken broth, add more if you want more
- 1 can of chicken cream soup in regular size
- Pepper and salt to add taste
All ingredients ready on your preparation table? Put on your apron, get your hands sterile, and you’re ready for this!
Steps to Make the Best Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie
- Turn your oven on and preheat it in 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Get your big sauce pan then use it to heat your butter, use medium heat.
- Put in your mixed vegetable to your butter than sauté until all veggies become tender. You’ll only need five to seven minutes doing this.
- Add pepper and salt and don’t stop until you reach the taste you desire.
- Whisk in your chicken cream soup together with the chicken broth.
- Leave your veggie sauce and simmer it for about a minute in order to thicken the sauce.
- Taste it again and if you need more taste, add more pepper and salt.
- Once you reach the taste you desire, turn the stove off.
- Add shredded chicken to the sauce and stir it until the sauce is completely combined.
- What if the sauce and filling becomes too thick? Just add more chicken broth.
- Get ready the baking dish then layer it with parchment paper.
- Bake your biscuits about half time from the direction you see on the package. Pull the biscuits out of oven.
- Remove the biscuits first then butter it before pouring your sauce into the dish.
- Place those partially biscuits on your veggie chicken sauce. Make sure that the unbaked side of the biscuits is facing the top.
- Bake again for ten minutes or keep baking until you see the biscuits turn to golden brown while your sauce becomes bubbly.
- Pull the dish out of oven and cool it for about five minutes
- You’re ready for dinner!
You’ll only need an hour to get this meal ready. How come? First, the preparation takes only thirty minutes. Then to cook the sauce and pre bake your biscuits, you’ll spend twenty minutes. Next, you’re going to need only ten minutes for the additional baking. That’s it; in an hour – more or less – you’ll be ready for a family dinner.
Another crucial thing you may want to know is the parchment paper used in this recipe. If you don’t want it, you obviously want aluminum foil. Aluminum foil is going to keep your food moist. Besides, it also helps you cooking the food evenly. Another plus point: this foil makes the clean-up even easier. Which one do you prefer? Parchment paper or aluminum foil?
Each serving of this food is giving you 27 grams of protein, 577 calories, 44 grams carbohydrate, 10 grams of sugar, and 31 grams of fat. This dinner also contains cholesterol, Vitamin A, Niacin, Vitamin B, Vitamin C, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, thiamin, and some other essential substances our body needs.
What Makes Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie Easy to Make
Actually, you can make your own homemade biscuit, but it may take too many times. So the canned biscuits really help in making this meal quick and easy to make. Instant cream soup and the frozen vegetables also help. Can you imagine how long does it take to make homemade cream soup instead of using the instant one?
You will also save time by not chopping whole vegetables. Frozen vegetables don’t require you to peel the corn, chop the carrots, and prepare the peas. Thanks to the frozen veggies company.
This one hour dinner meal is going to be perfect for a family dinner and to serve your guests. Save this receive or bookmark it so that you can check this out later. Try some other recipes for some other romantic dinners. Hope you enjoy all the meals you make by following our recipes’ tutorials!