Original Kung Pao Shrimp
Kung Pao Shrimp –this luscious Kung Pao Shrimp recipe takes only 20 minutes of your time. It is worth trying and this meal is healthy for you . You’re going to enjoy the palatable Kung Pao sauce and fresh, delightful shrimp.Now,you will practice how to cook Kung Pao Shrimp from the original recipe of this luscious meal.
What’s the meaning of kung pao?
Kung Pao is actually a typical Chinese food from Sichuan,a region in China.Kung Pao which means “the guard of the palace” is a very popular kind of dish that is easy to make just by stir-frying and this meal is best served with hot sauce. You can make Kung Pao from chicken or shrimp,but today you will learn how to make Kung Pao Shrimp which will give you an unforgettable experience of having the delightful combination of the delicious Kung Pao hot sauce and shrimp.It’s so delicious that many Chinese Restaurants have a nickname “Kung fu Shrimp” for this meal .
Is kung pao healthy for you?
A plenty amount of vitamins,important amino acids and mineral is offered by this meal.This recipe that you ‘re going to try gives you lots of high-protein and an excellent low carb dish.So,what are you wating for? Just take out the shrimp from your fridge and try this less than- half- an hour simple amazing recipe now! By the way,Kung Pao Shrimp is best served with steamed rice for a nice and simple weeknight dinner. Kung Pao Shrimp-this simple and tasty Kung Pao Shrimp recipe takes only 20 minutes of your time.It is worth trying and this meal is healthy for you.
Course : Main Course
Cuisine : Asian (Chinese)
Keyword : Kung Pao Shrimp
Serving Size : 2 People
Calories : 457 Calories
Prep Time : 15 Minutes
Cook Time : 5 Minutes
Total Time : 20 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 2.1 inch piece of peeled and thinly chopped ginger
- 3.1/4 onion
- 4.1/2 chopped green bell pepper
- 5.10 mini dried red chilies or 5 regular size of dried red chilies
- 6.10-12 oz of shelled and peeled big shrimp
- 7.1/4 cup of roasted peanuts
- 8.3 stalks of scallion,white parts only
KUNG PAO SAUCE :
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of sweet soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of corn starch
- 4 table spoons of water
- ½ teaspoon of sesame oil
- 3 dashes of white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of Chinese black vinegar,rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- Mix the ingredients of Kung Pao sauce and put them aside.
- Heat up the cooking oil in a large frying pan and wait until the cooking oil is very hot.Put the ginger into the frying pan and stir quickly.Add the onion,green red pepper and dried red chilies.Stir fry until the spicy aroma comes from the dried red chilies.Now,put the shrimp and the roasted peanuts into the frying pan and keep stirring.
- When the shrimp are almost done,put the Kung Pao sauce into frying pan and keep stirring until the Kung Pao sauce becomes thick.Finally,add the chopped scallions,stir quickly and dish it out .Serve the Kung Pao Shrimp while it’s still hot.