This simple, easy to follow,short taking time – only more or less 15 minutes, homemade recipe of Kimchi Ramen will give you a hot and yummy Korean Ramen along with poached egg, kimchi and mushrooms. This Kimchi Ramen is really suitable for you to have in a cold midday or evening to warm up yourself. Do try!!
Kimchi is quite popular around the world now with the spread of Korean Pop culture. Before going to the main part of this recipe, let’s find out more about Kimchi Ramen.
A HOT AND MEANINGFUL TASTE OF KIMCHI RAMEN
Kimchi Ramen is made from two main ingredients, Kimchi and Ramen. Kimchi is a traditional fermented Korean side dish. Kimchi with its lots seasoning is made of several kinds of vegetables.
Kimchi is a red fermented cabbage dish and sometimes with radish and it is made and mixed of some ingredients such as salt, vinegar, garlic, chili pepper, and other spices. In Korea, it is commonly served with rice, noodles or soups.
If you open kimchi after you buy it, it stays fine for a week at room temperature. But if you put it in the fridge, it stays fine longer for more or less 3-6 months maximum.
Actually, you can have Kimchi the way it is, but there are several options on how you want to have your kimchi with. For examples, having Kimchi with rice, or turning your Kimchi into Pasta sauce and having Kimchi with eggs, like what you have in this recipe, are some ways to have your Kimchi with. It is also believed that by consuming Kimchi, you may lose some of your weight.
For the kimchi, it is much better if you buy it at Korean Restaurants instead of the bottled-mass production kimchi. The reason why you should do this is when you buy kimchi at Korean Restaurants is you will get much fresher kimchi.
For the ramen, in Korea, they know two kinds of ramen. The first, when you just say Ramen, it refers to Japanese style ramen. The second is called Ramyun, Korean style instant noodles.
In Korea, ramen is developed into the most important part of food culture in society although Ramen is originally from Japan.
Japanese ramen is usually soft in taste while Korean Ramen or Ramyun has a strong taste and is usually hot. There is another distinction between Korean Ramen and Japanese ramen. If Japanese ramen’s broth is from chicken or seafood, Korean ramen or ramyun’s soup is from a processed seasoning.
As mentioned earlier, kimchi can make you lose some of your weight. Besides this, there are some other incredible health benefits you can gain from having Kimchi because its low-fat and high fiber nutrients.
Some of these incredible health benefits include lowering your cholesterol levels for its garlic ingredient in Kimchi, and having healthy bacteria and pro-biotics for the overall wellness of your body like supporting your digestion process and fighting of many kinds of infections in your body for its fermented process.
Another health benefit is facilitating clear vision and healthy body development for its much vitamin A in kimchi and lots of antioxidant to eliminate the free radicals in your body that can cause cancer.
There are some other health benefits gained from Kimchi. Like preventing a stomach cancer, slowing down the aging process, preventing the happening of peptic ulcer, and last but not least boosting your immunity.
HOW MANY CALORIESPER SERVING ?
This Kimchi Ramen has only 149 calories per serving.
WHAT MEALS TO SERVE WITH KIMCHI RAMEN?
COURSE : MAIN COURSE
CUISINE : ASIAN ( KOREAN)
KEYWORD : KIMCHI RAMEN
PREP TIME : 5 MINUTES
COOK TIME : 10 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME : 15 MINUTES
SERVINGS : 2 PEOPLE
CALORIES : 149 CALORIES
- Some water
- 2 big eggs
- 2 packs of instant ramen
- 4 cups of chicken stocks
- 1 cup of sliced kimchi with juice
- 1 teaspoon of Korean chili powder or Gochugaru
- 2 tablespoons of Korean spicy pepper paste or Gochujang
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 4 oz of mushrooms or of white button mushroom or of buna shimeji or of shiitake
- 2 tablespoons of chopped scallion
- Salt to your taste
- Prepare a pot of water. And then, the pot of water is brought to a boil. And then it is lowered to a bubbling simmer. The eggs are poached and they are dropped slowly in the water and for more or less 4-5 minutes, they are cooked. You have to make sure that the eggs are covered by water. With a strainer, the eggs are removed. Put them aside.
- Use the same pot, and then the same pot is heated up and put the chicken stocks into the pot and it is brought to a boil. The Kimchi, chili powder, pepper paste and ramen are also put into the pot. The mushrooms and sesame oil are put into the pot when the ramen is half cooked. The salt is added to your taste.
- Prepare two bowls. And then, the noodles are removed to the two bowls. And the poached eggs and scallions are put on the top of the noodles. Now, your homemade Kimchi Ramen is ready. Quickly serve the Kimchi Ramen while it is still hot.