Juicy Chicken Patties, No Falling Apart
There are many ways to cook chicken meat. If you are bored eating fried chicken, you can try to cook this meat into patties. Enjoying chicken patties with its juice running into your mouth will surely make your dinner more appetizing. The patties can be created into several dishes. Moreover, you can even enjoy it with teriyaki sauce. I have tried it and it is so yummy.
Chicken Patties: What are they?
When it comes to patties, there are several types to choose. One of them is the chicken patty. This particular patty is an excellent alternative to the traditional beef patties. There are several facts about the chicken patty that you must know.
Patties made of chicken can be as delicious as those made of beef. The right recipe and technique can help you cook the most tasty and juicy chicken patty. Therefore, when you bite and chew it, you can taste the yummy running juice.
- Healthy Facts
Compared to beef patties, the chicken ones are healthier. It offers less fat and calories. Therefore, it is okay for you who are trying to maintain your weight. Moreover, eating this type of patty will not cause your cholesterol level to increase.
However, a chicken patty has less iron and zinc than the beef patty has. In consequence, you need to serve it with more vegetables in order to get more iron and zinc. Therefore, you don’t need to be too concern about it.
- They are Easy to Make
Many people have their beef patties falling apart when trying to make them for the first time. However, it is not so with the chicken ones. The risk of those patties to fall apart is quite low because its particles have better ability to stay together.
Nevertheless, similar to cooking beef patties, the chicken ones will turn dry and taste like cardboard if you do not cook them properly. Therefore, you need to use the right ingredients and cook the patty in the right technique.
Serving these Patties
Being creative in serving juicy chicken patties can help you create better dining experience for your family. These patties can be served in several ways.
- Serve the patties as they are.
- Serve them with teriyaki sauce or other types of dipping sauce.
- Create the patties into chicken patty sandwiches.
- Make them into chicken burgers.
What You Need to Make Them?
Various brands offer you with chicken patty products. However, homemade patties are healthier and more delicious. In addition, they are very easy to make. You only need to have:
- Lean ground chicken with 10% fat
- Salt and pepper
- Cooking wine or other alternatives
- Chopped scallions
- Cayenne pepper
- Toasted sesame oil
Once you have the ingredients, you can start making the patties. Simply mix the ingredient and shape it into several patties. Remember to wet your hand before shaping them. After that, pan-fry the patties using small amount of oil.
Questions about Chicken Patties
Many people often have these questions about these patties.
- Can I Freeze them?
You can freeze them raw or cooked. You can keep the patties in the freezer for a few weeks if you store them properly. You need to wrap the raw patties with aluminum foil tightly. As an alternative, you can use plastic wrap in doing it. Before you cook or reheat the patties, remember to thaw them in room temperature.
- Can I Bake Them Instead of Pan Frying Them?
The answer is yes. If you make large amount of patties, you will need lots of time to pan-fry them. To cut the time, you can bake the patties for 8 minutes in temperature of 218oC.
- How Much is the Calories in a Chicken Patty?
The calories in each chicken patty is quite low, around 127 calories. Therefore, it will not harm your diet, especially if you serve it with other low calorie dishes.
- What is the Right Side Dish to Serve with the Chicken Patty?
Since this type of patty is already high in protein, you need to create a balance of minerals and vitamins. Therefore, it is best served with salad, sauteed asparagus, and broccoli with feta cheese.
One of the challenges in cooking chicken patties is that they are dry and not delicious. However, you can avoid it by following these juicy chicken patty tips.
- Do not add breadcrumbs or flour in the ingredients because it will absorb the moisture of the ground chicken. As a result, you will have dry patties.
- Use cooking wine or mirin to add the moisture of the patties. During the cooking process, the moisture of the ground chicken may evaporate. However, with the added wine, you will still have some moisture left.
- To retain the moisture of the patties, you must shallow fry them instead of deep frying them. To shallow fry the patties, you need a skillet and a small amount of vegetable oil.
- Do not tight push the patties. Doing it will push the moisture out of the patties.
Juicy Chicken Patties: The Recipe
Course : U.S. main dish
Cuisine : chicken patty
Servings : 12 patties
Calories : 127 calories
Total Time : 20 minutes
- 5 kg (1 lbs) of ground chicken
- 1 scallion, chop it.
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ to ½ tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
- Small amount of cayene pepper and black pepper
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp of toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1/3 cup of mirin
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- Mix all the patty ingredients
- Wet your hands then take a scoop of the mixture.
- Shape it into a ball and then flatten it.
- Set it aside and repeat the step above until there is no mixture left.
- Make sure that your skillet is on medium-low heat; pour a small amount of vegetable oil.
- Fry the patties. Wait for 1 or 2 minutes before turning them over and cook for another 1 or 2 minutes.
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a pan.
- Simmer the mixture for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Serve the patties with the teriyaki sauce.
You will have no problems in cooking juicy chicken patties when you follow the recipe above. If you don’t like the teriyaki sauce, you can substitute it with another type of sauce. Moreover, If you want to make more patties, you can double the ingredients and use a whole egg.