Italian Roasted Potatoes
This simple, easy to follow, short taking time – only more or less 20 minutes, homemade recipe of Italian Roasted Potatoes will give you a tasty, buttery and cheesy Italian Roasted Potatoes for your appetizer. Made with Italian seasoning, Parmesan cheese, paprika and garlic, Italian roasted Potatoes will be the right side dish for you.
There are several ways to cook potatoes from frying, boiling and baking to roasting. In this simple recipe of Italian Roasted Potatoes, you’ll find out how to roast and bake potatoes in the oven. With the Parmesan cheese, olive oil, herb and garlic, the end result will be The Heavenly Yummy Italian Roasted Potatoes that you can’t stop eating them up!
Some of you maybe are in favor of having your roasted potatoes crispy or crunchy. Well, this following tip will be useful for you to have crispy roasted potatoes.
First, prepare a big bowl. Put the potatoes into the big bowl followed by oil, salt and pepper. And then, they are slowly stirred to coat and then, remove them to a baking sheet in one layer and the fresh thyme is added.
Next, heat the oven before roasting the potatoes. In the hot oven, for about 40-45 minutes they are roasted or until they are golden brown or crispy. When it is done, remove them to a plate and they are lined with paper towels to dry off any remaining oil.
One more thing, your roasted potatoes will be crispy outside if you dry the potatoes out a little bit before roasting because if the potatoes are still wet, the will not crisp up in the oven. And your roasted potatoes will be tender inside if you boil your potatoes before roasting in the oven. That’s what makes your homemade roasted potatoes very soft inside.
It is also recommended if you soak-peeled, washed your potatoes overnight. If you do this, you prevent the potatoes from sticking together and can get the most crispiness of your potatoes.
IS ITALIAN ROASTED POTATOES HEALTHY?
Yes, it is. This appetizer is good for you. Although there is some starch in potatoes, it does not mean that roasted potatoes are not healthy. Just consider your serving size. For your information, potatoes are an excellent source of calcium, fiber and very low in fat.
WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DO TO HAVE THE BEST ITALIAN ROASTED POTATOES AT HOME?
First of all, it will be much better if you have baby potatoes instead of the common-sized potatoes. The reason is baby potatoes are brisk to cook, so you don’t need much time to prepare and cook this Italian Roasted Potatoes.
If you don’t have the baby potatoes, it is still possible to use the common-sized potatoes. But, you need to chop them up into smaller chunks, so more or less you will have the same size of baby potatoes and they are cooked equally in the oven.
Next, on the stove top, the baby potatoes or chunks of potatoes are cooked with Italian seasonings and garlic. Use a lot of Parmesan cheese on top of the baby potatoes and remove the frying pan into the oven and for about 15 minutes, they are roasted.
To make your Homemade Italian Roasted Potatoes taste more delicious, the baby potatoes are topped with tiny butter cubes. You will have the tastiest and the best Italian Roasted Potatoes as you let the tiny butter cubes melt on top of the baby potatoes!
HOW MANY CALORIES PER SERVING?
Italian Roasted Potatoes has only 329 calories per serving.
WHAT MEALS TO SERVE WITH ITALIAN ROASTED POTATOES?
Some other meals such as Garlic Chive Butter Grilled Steak, Brown Butter Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Chili Lime Grilled Chicken can be served together with Italian Roasted Potatoes for more complete weekday lunch and weeknight dinner.
COURSE : APPETIZER / SIDE DISH
CUISINE : EUROPEAN (ITALIAN)
KEYWORD : ITALIAN ROASTED POTATOES
PREP TIME : 5 MINUTES
COOK TIME : 15 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME : 20 MINUTES
SERVINGS : 3 PEOPLE
CALORIES : 329 CALORIES
- 1 lb of baby potatoes
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of bottled Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 dashes of paprika
- ¼ teaspoon of salt or up to your taste
- 1 teaspoon of chopped parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of cut into tiny cubes of unsalted butter
- Prepare the oven. The oven is preheated to 400 F. The baby potatoes are cleaned up, and then they are dried and chopped into halves.
- Prepare an oven-safe skillet. It is recommended to use the cast-iron one. The oven –safe skillet is heated up and the olive oil is added. The baby potatoes are also put into the skillet and they are cooked until the exterior becomes crunchy. To cook the skin side, the baby potatoes are turned over until they become well-nicely browned. The baby potatoes are pushed to one side and the garlic is sautéed, followed by the Italian Seasoning, paprika and salt. They are stirred to mix properly.
- The heat is turned off and then, the Parmesan cheese and parsley are sprinkled on top of the baby potatoes. Remove the oven-safe skillet / cat iron skillet into the oven and for more or less 15 minutes, the baby potatoes are roasted. The tiny butter cubes are put on top of the baby potatoes. Now, your Homemade Italian Roasted Potatoes is ready and quickly serve as the tiny butter cubes melt on top of it.