Honey Lime Chicken
This simple, easy to follow, short taking time- only less than half an hour ; more or less 25 minutes-, homemade recipe of Honey Lime Chicken will give you a juicy, tender and tasty chicken dish you‘ll ever enjoy!
Chicken is everybody’s favorite and is also a good source of protein. With two more ingredients such as Honey and Lime, you will get a super tasty chicken dish at home. The chicken combined with honey, lime, garlic marinade and soy sauce is going to make a mouth watering, juicy and tender chicken that is so addictive that you want to have it again and again.
This juicy and tasty Honey Lime Chicken can be cooked in several different ways up to your own choice from baking in the oven, outdoor-grilling to pan frying in the large frying pan. You can use bone-in or boneless chicken and any parts of chicken that you love from chicken thigh, chicken wings to chicken breast.
If you want to save time and enjoy this delicious Honey Lime chicken soon, you just cook the chicken in the large frying pan but if you prefer to have crunchy and a bit burned or charred skin for your chicken, you can bake the chicken in the oven. In this recipe, skin-on and boneless chicken thighs are used and the chicken thighs will be baked in the oven.
One more thing, please pay attention that your chicken thighs will appear white as there is no skin and the broil function will not make the chicken thighs a bit burned or charred if the skinless and boneless chicken thighs are your choice to be used for this recipe.
And last but not least, if the cast iron pan is used, set the heat to medium and always turn the chicken thighs upside down or they get dark fast because of the honey used in this recipe. If you want to, you can also have the chicken thighs grilled outdoor.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN HONEY LIME SAUCE AT HOME?
There are some easy ways to make your own Honey Lime Sauce at home. Here is the one with only three ingredients such as 3 tablespoons of honey, 3 tablespoons of soy sauce or tamari and 3 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lime juice and if you like with two additional ingredients such as 1 teaspoon of finely grated peeled of fresh ginger and ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
All you have to do is all the ingredients are whisked in a small bowl until all of them are well-mixed. You can use it immediately or keep it in a closed-container in the fridge for maximum 3 days if you have leftover sauce. This oh-so versatile Honey Lime Sauce can be used as a marinade for chicken, pork, fish, vegetables, tofu, and steak.
Another one with many ingredients is Herbed Honey Lime Sauce. The ingredients needed such as dash pepper, 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, 1 tablespoon of water, ½ teaspoon of salt, 2 teaspoon of ground mustard, ¼ cup of lime juice, ¼ cup of honey, 1 cup of chicken stock, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, ½ cup of finely chopped onion and 1 teaspoon of fresh minced rosemary.
What you have to do is the onion is sautéed in oil in a saucepan until soft. The chicken stock, mustard, honey, lime juice, rosemary, salt and pepper are stirred in. The cornstarch and water are mixed until they become smooth and they are stirred into sauce.
They are brought to a boil over medium heat. For the next 2 minutes, they are cooked and stirred or until they become thick. You can use Herbed Honey lime Sauce for turkey, pork, fish, or chicken. So, it’s your own choice which one to make for the Honey Lime Sauce.
WHAT MEALS TO SERVE WITH HONEY LIME CHICKEN?
Some other meals especially some appetizers such as Brown Butter Garlic Honey Roasted Carrots, One Pot Pasta with Spinach and Potatoes, Sauteed Asparagus and Creamy Garlic Parmesan Fettucine can be served together with Honey Lime Chicken for more complete weekday lunch or weeknight dinner.
HOW MANY CALORIES PER SERVING?
This Honey Lime Chicken has only 360 calories per serving.
COURSE : MAIN COURSE
CUISINE : ASIAN
KEYWORD : HONEY LIME CHICKEN
PREP TIME : 5 MINUTES
COOK TIME : 20 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME : 25 MINUTES
SERVINGS : 3 PEOPLE
CALORIES : 360 CALORIES
- 1 lb of deboned, skin-on of chicken thigh
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 5 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 3 dashes of cayenne pepper
- Lime wedges
- Chopped of parsley
- 1 big pinch of salt
- Prepare the oven. And then, the oven is preheated to 400 F.
- Prepare the chicken thigh. The chicken thigh is deboned but the skin is kept on. The skin is on to make your Honey Lime Chicken absolutely tasty.
- With your hand, the minced garlic is rubbed on the chicken thighs. The honey, lime juice, cayenne pepper, soy sauce and salt are added. You may multiply the marinade if you like your Honey Lime Chicken to be more “saucy”. They are stirred to mix properly.
- The chicken thighs and the honey mixture are removed to a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. The chicken thighs are covered with aluminum foil to avoid the Honey Lime Chicken from burning.
- The chicken thighs are baked for 20 minutes or until they are well-cooked. The sauce is spooned and brushed over the chicken thighs if the sauce pools at the base of the foil. For 1 more minute or until the chicken skin becomes a bit burned or charred, the chicken thighs are broiled.
- The chicken thighs are removed from the heat. With parsley, The Honey Lime Chicken is beautifully decorated. The lime wedges are squeezed over the Honey Lime Chicken before you serve it.