Honey Dijon Garlic Chicken
This simple, easy to follow, short taking time –only more or less 15 minutes, homemade recipe of Honey Dijon Garlic Chicken will give you a very tasty chicken with the incredible honey Dijon garlic sauce that is really good not only for but also for all of the members in your family! Do try!!
Who doesn’t love chicken? Besides its delicious taste, chicken is also a good source of proteins and it is easy to cook. This Honey Dijon Garlic Chicken with its Honey Dijon Garlic Sauce will be the perfect choice for you and your family for the main dish of the day!
The secret to have tasty Honey Dijon Garlic Chicken is to have the right balance of sweet taste from the honey and a little heat from the Dijon mustard and of course the garlic that gives The Honey Dijon Garlic Chicken a different taste of soft, amazingly tasty and a nice aroma for you.
It is up to your own choice what part of chicken you want to use for the Honey Dijon Garlic Chicken. You can use either the chicken thighs or the chicken breasts. You can also debone the chicken with the skin on so it can be enjoyed easily by everybody from the children, teenagers, adults and the elderly.
HOW MANY CALORIES OF HONEY DIJON GARLIC CHICKEN PER SERVING ?
Honey Dijon Garlic Chicken has only 428 calories per serving.
WHAT MEALS TO SERVE WITH HONEY DIJON GARLIC CHICKEN?
Some other meals such as Parmesan Roasted Potatoes, Spaghetti Aglio E Olio, and Honey Roasted Butternut Squash can be served together with Honey Dijon Garlic Chicken for more complete weekday lunch or weeknight dinner.
One delicious pair dish for Honey Dijon Garlic Chicken is Parmesan Roasted Potatoes. For Parmesan Garlic Potatoes, you need to have the ingredients such as 1 ½ pounds of baby potatoes, ¼ cup of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, 3 heads of top trimmed of garlic.
Some other ingredients are also needed such as ½ tablespoon of chopped parsley, ½ of chopped into wedges of lemon, 2-3 of springs thyme, ¼ teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of cracked black pepper, and last but not least, 1/3 cup of grated Parmesan cheese. Now, you are ready to cook the Parmesan Roasted Potatoes.
Firstly, prepare the oven. And then, the oven is preheated to 350 F. The potatoes are cut slits, not cut through. The potatoes are placed in a roasting pan and with the olive oil and melted butter, the potatoes are brushed. The garlic, parsley, lemon, and thyme are put on the pan in between the potatoes. With salt and black peeper, the potatoes are sprinkled.
Next, the potatoes are roasted for 1 hour. The oil mixture is basted at 30 minute interval. The Parmesan cheese is put and sprinkled equally on top of the potatoes after 1 hour.
Finally, the heat of the oven is turned off and give more or less 5-10 minutes in the oven for the potatoes or until all of the Parmesan Cheese is melted. Now, your Parmesan Roasted Potatoes is ready and let’s make one more pair dish for the Honey Dijon garlic Chicken.
Another delicious pair dish for Honey Dijon Garlic Chicken is Honey Roasted Butternut Squash. For this side dish, you need to have the ingredients such as 1 lb of peeled and roughly cubed of butternut, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, salt, freshly cracked black pepper, 2 teaspoon of finely chopped parsley leaves, and 2 tablespoons of honey or maple syrup.
First of all, the oven is preheated to 400 F. And then, the butternut squash cubes with the melted butter, a large pinch of salt, black pepper, parsley, and honey are thrown up and down slowly in a big bowl and they are removed to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Finally, the butternut squash cubes are spread out in a single even layer and they are roasted for 30-45 minutes or until the squash is a little bit browned and is fork-soft. It’s simple and easy, right?
COURSE : MAIN COURSE
CUISINE : EUROPEAN
KEYWORD : HONEY DIJON CHICKEN
PREP TIME : 5 MINUTES
COOK TIME : 15 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME : 15 MINUTES
SERVINGS : 3 PEOPLE
CALORIES : 428 CALORIES
- 1 lb of deboned and skin-on of chicken thighs or chicken breasts
- Black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 3 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup of water
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- The chicken thighs or chicken breasts are deboned but the skin is kept on. Some salt and black pepper are sprinkled on both sides of the chicken thighs or chicken breasts.
- Prepare a large flat base frying pan. And then, the large flat base frying pan is heated up on medium heat and 1 teaspoon of olive oil is put into the large flat base frying pan.
- The deboned chicken thighs or chicken breasts are pan fried on both sides until they are well-cooked. The fatty oil is thrown away from the chicken skin but the juice from the chicken is saved. Put them aside.
- Prepare a sauce pan. The sauce pan with the remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil is heated up and the garlic is stirred-fry until the garlic becomes a little bit browned. The honey, Dijon mustard, water and salt are put into the sauce pan. They are stirred to mix properly.
- The sauce is removed into the large flat base frying pan. The heat on the large flat base frying pan is turned on and they are stirred well, so you are sure that the honey Dijon sauce coats or covers the deboned chicken thighs or breasts well and nicely.
- Now, your Homemade Honey Dijon Garlic Chicken is ready and you quickly serve the Honey Dijon Garlic Chicken with Parmesan Roasted Potatoes and Honey Roasted Butternut Squash.