Happy Family- A Healthy Chinese Food –
Happy Family is a yummy, healthy dish because many kinds of vegetables, seafood, and meat are all together cooked by stir frying in light brown sauce. This simple, easy to follow, homemade recipe of Happy Family will give you a yummy and healthy food as the end result.
WHY IS THE FOOD CALLED HAPPY FAMILY?
Some believe that because there are so many kinds of ingredients from fresh vegetables such as baby corn, bamboo shoots, and carrots to some meat such as chicken, pork and beef and seafood such as shrimp crab and scallop are all in one dish. That’s why it is called Happy Family.
WHAT ARE THE IMPORTANT INGREDIENTS FOR MAKING “HAPPY FAMILY DISH “AT HOME?
You need ingredients such as bell peppers, onions, dry sherry wine, chicken stock, several kinds of seafood, canned vegetables and slices of pork, slices of chicken and slices of beef.
SEVERAL COOKING TIPS FOR HOME MADE AND STIR-FRYING “HAPPY FAMILY”
- Always remember that when you stir fry, it means you cook in fast-paced cooking style, so you need to prepare all the ingredients well previously before you start to cook.
- The meat especially the beef is prepared precisely to have the best taste.
- Use a large and flat base frying pan to have the best heat.
- Make sure that you don’t cook the meat or vegetables too long to have the best and the healthiest result.
- And last but not least, all the sauce ingredients are mixed first before you begin to cook and also make sure you whisk it properly before you put it into the large flat base frying pan.
IS “HAPPY FAMILY” HEALTHY?
As mentioned in the title, Yes, it really is. Why? Because this food consists of healthy ingredients such as meat that provides you lots of protein and vegetables that gives you some vitamins. So, “Happy Family” is a nutritious meal for you.
HOW MANY CALORIES PER SERVING?
This dish has 308 calories per serving.
WHAT OTHER MEALS TO SERVE WITH “HAPPY FAMILY?”
COURSE : MAIN COURSE
CUISINE : AMERICAN – CHINESE
KEYWORD : HAPPY FAMILY CHINESE
PREP TIME :
COOK TIME :
TOTAL TIME :
SERVINGS : 4 PEOPLE
CALORIES : 308 CALORIES PER SERVING
- 3 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 1 cup of chopped green and red bell peppers
- 2 cups of mixed vegetables such as florets of broccoli, thinly sliced carrots and short-sized chopped sugar snap peas or snow peas
- 1 ½ cups of canned vegetables such as straw mushrooms, slices of bamboo shoots, slices of water chestnuts and young baby corn
- 1 cup of meat such as slices of pork, slices of beef and chicken breast
- ½ cup of various seafood such as peeled, deveined and cleaned shrimp, sea scallops and lobster and crab meat
- 3 cloves of peeled and minced garlic
HAPPY FAMILY MARINADE :
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of ground white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of dry sherry wine for any other Chinese cooking wine
- ½ teaspoon of cornstarch
THE HAPPY FAMILY BROWN SAUCE :
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sweet soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon of sesame oil
- 3 dashes of ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons of dry sherry wine or any other Chinese cooking wine
- ½-3/4 cup of chicken stock. With 1 teaspoon of corn starch the chicken stock is mixed.
- Salt and sugar to your taste
- The meat and seafood with a pinch of salt, sugar pepper and a dash of cooking wine are marinated. Put them aside. Prepare a bowl. And then, all the seasonings ingredients for The Brown Sauce are mixed in the bowl. Put them aside.
- Prepare a large frying pan. And then, 2 tablespoons of cooking oil is heated in the large frying pan to smoky hot. The onions and peppers are stir fried until they become lightly blackened. Put the minced garlic into the large frying pan and it is quickly stir-fried until it smells good. The florets of broccoli, carrots are thrown lightly into the large frying pan, and for about 2 minutes, keep on stir frying and dash a pinch of salt and pepper. They are mixed properly and they are dished up. Put them aside.
- With a slightly wet cloth, the large frying pan is cleaned up. With the remaining 1 tablespoon of cooking oil, for 1 minute, the shrimps, crab meat or lobster meat are stir-fried. Slices of beef and pork are thrown lightly into the large frying pan. For 1 more minute, keep on stir-frying or until they all become lightly browned.
- The various kinds of vegetables are thrown lightly into the large frying pan, and they are stir-fried properly. Put the brown sauce seasoning into the large frying pan and the chicken stock is poured into the large frying pan, keep on stir frying until all vegetables become soft enough to your taste / own preference and the meat and seafood are well-cooked. Salt, sugar and other flavorings are added to your taste. Finally, your “Happy Family” is ready and it is best to serve it with hot steamed rice.