Garlic Noodles Recipe That Are Truly Simple and Easy to Make
If Italy has spaghetti, Asia has noodles. And I really love Asian noodles with no reason. Countries in Asia have their own garlic noodles recipe. We’re sure not going to talk about all of those recipes. But what you’re about to see down here is the best recipe you must absolutely try for the upcoming dinner. This recipe will give you the most delicious noodle dish in less than thirty minutes.
When served alone, garlic noodles are going to make you feel better trough the umami taste it gives you. But it will taste even better with some complements. For example, you can consider cooking shrimp garlic noodles, parmesan garlic noodles, or brown butter garlic noodles. Though noodles come from china, every country in Asia now has different noodle dishes in various different tastes.
Different Asian Noodles to Make Garlic Noodles Recipe Based on Ingredients
Based on the main ingredient used to make noodle dishes, there are various types.
- First type is the wheat noodles that in Indonesia is called Bakmi while in Japanese it is called Chuka Men that usually is used to make yakisoba and ramen. In Korea there is also wheat noodles called Kalguksu and there’s Thukpa which is Tibetan noodle. China also has wheat noodles called Lamian.
- Rice is another ingredient to make noodle dishes. In Vietnam, noodle that’s made of rice is called Banh pho. In Thailand, people are used to cook noodle which is made of fermented rice, it is known as Khanom chin. Indian people also have rice noodle, they call it idiyappam. People in South India knows sevai better than idiyappam. Sevai is made of the rice vermicelli.
- Then there’s buckwheat noodles that are including Makguksu from South Korea, Soba from Japan, and Pizzoccheri which is buckwheat tagliatelie that comes from Valtellina in Italy. This kind of noodle typically is served with sauce made of melted sauce.
- Finally, there’s egg noodles that are made of flour and egg mixture. In China, egg noodle that’s widely known is Youmian. While in Turkic, there’s egg noodle that’s called eriste or kesme. In Southern German, especially in Bavaria and Baden Wurttemberg, people know egg noddle as Spatzle. In eastern European, there’s Jewish cuisine of egg noodle that’s called Lochshen.
Assorted Types of Noodles to Make Garlic Noodles Recipe
- Baked noodles
Asian people have boiled noodles and the drained noodles that are combined together with many other ingredients before they are being baked. Casseroles are the most popular example of baked noodles.
- Basic noodles
Basic noodles are noodles that are cooked in broth or water and then being drained. You are free to add the other foods to the basic noodles. You can even add the boiled noodles into the other foods. Basic noodles can even be served in plain with dipping sauce on table. This kind of noodles come in soft texture and is able to absorb flavors.
- Chilled noodles
The name of this noodle shows us that dishes made of this noodle would be served cold. Usually, chilled noodles are used in salad. For example, there cold udon from Japan and glass noodle salad from Thailand.
- Fried noodles
Fried noodles are used to make stir fried noodles with assorted seafood, meats, vegetables, or dairy products. Yakisoba from Japan, pad Thai from Thailand, mie goreng from Indonesia, and lo mein from china are some example of fried noodles.
- Noodle soup
This one is Asian noodle that’s served with broth. Some examples of this noodle is saimin, laksa, ramen, and also batchoy. Which noodle dish attracts you the most?
Steps That Lead You to Tastiest Garlic Noodles
Cuisine : Asian cuisine
Keyword : garlic noodles recipe
Prep Time : 15 minutes
Cook Time : 5 minutes
Total Time : 20 minutes
Servings : 5 portions
Calories : 304 calories
- 20 oz of Asian yellow noodles. You sure can use spaghetti if you can get Asian noodles
- 1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese that has been grated
- Water to boil your Asian noodles
To make the garlic sauce, you need to prepare these ingredients:
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, it is about 4 oz / 8 tablespoons / ½ cup / 110 grams
- 2 tablespoons of garlic that has been minced; you can add more garlic to get your favorite taste
- 1 tablespoon of seasoning sauce like Maggie or from another brand
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- It is important to rinse your yellow noodles under the running water first. This is going to discard all oils from noodles. Drain them then set them aside.
- Fill your pot with water then heat it up until it is boiling. Put your yellow noodles to boiling water then cook them until they turn al dente. While cooking your noodles you are allowed to taste the noodles’ texture. Avoid overcooking by transferring out your yellow noodles before draining them.
- Now it is time to prepare your garlic sauce. Turn the stove on medium or low heat. Then add butter to sauté pan and melt it. now sauté your garlic until it turns aromatic but before it turns brown. Add thee entire seasonings into your sauté pan while stirring everything so that they’ll combine. Move your garlic sauce in small bowl.
- Serve your yellow noodles by tossing the noodles with garlic sauce. Top your garlic noodles with grated parmesan. Toss everything together in order to combine them well then serve while it is still hot.
Linguine or spaghetti are the best alternative to replace the yellow noodles for the garlic noodles recipe above. The noodles are tasty enough to be served alone. But you can make it tastier by serving the noodles with chicken wings that are cooked with honey soy, Asian butter shrimp, black pepper shrimp, or crispy sautéed brussels sprouts. Which side are you going to choose for your noodle?
Right now, people can make their own noodles since there are frozen noodles and instant noodles. But the noodle recipe above is way much better than the install noodles. If the instant noodle only requires you to spend 3 minutes to cook, you have to spend more time in cooking the garlic noodle above. But trust me, the taste of your noodle is going to be much better than the instant noodle’s taste.