Garlic Butter Fish
This simple, easy to follow, short taking time – only more or less 20 minutes-, homemade recipe of Garlic Butter Fish will give you a nice, healthy and tasty meal for you and all of the members in your family.
This Garlic Butter Fish with its special, yet easy to make garlic butter sauce is the right choice for you and all the members in your family because the garlic butter sauce needs only a simple and the right combination of four kinds of ingredients such as garlic, butter, lemon juice and parsley.
Fish is absolutely healthy for you for its high proteins. For this Garlic Butter Fish, you may use several kinds of fish such as Cod, Halibut, or Pollock. These three kinds of Atlantic Ocean fish are well-known for their white flesh, ”low fat” and mild taste. So, to those who are on a diet or want to maintain your weight, having Garlic Butter Fish is really good for you.
And, as the meal’s name is Garlic Butter Fish, the two main ingredients are Garlic and Butter. Do you have any idea why Garlic and Butter are used for this meal? These two ingredients are the perfect combination for any source of protein, like fish.
The garlic will make any potential smell that you have from the fish disappears and at the same time gives you a nice aroma for this meal. And for the butter, it gives you more complete taste and strengthen the flavor of the sauce that you will make for this Garlic Butter Fish.
For the Garlic Butter Sauce, since you are going to use salted butter, it is highly recommended if you use Kerrygold’s Salted Butter, it is known for its excellent flavor, or Breakstone All Natural Salted Butter.
These three kinds of fish, Cod, Halibut, or Pollock can be cooked in several different ways such as steaming, baking, or grilling .., But, today you will have them pan fried.
WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DO TO HAVE THE BEST GARLIC BUTTER FISH AT HOME?
First, you need to have fish fillets. It is advisable for you to have a firm white fish fillet. Just make sure the fillet is good by looking at the exterior and you find no white spots on the fish filet. And one more thing, it is not too sticky or slimy when you touch it.
Next, you need several other ingredients besides the four ingredients for making the Garlic Butter Sauce such as salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, corn starch, and lemon wedges. And last but not least, since you are going to pan fry the fish fillets, you just need to prepare a little amount of cooking oil.
Finally, if you happen to have a wooden spatula, it is much better to use it rather than the iron one because the wooden spatula will prevent you from breaking the fish fillets when you slowly flip over the fish fillets during the pan frying. For the pan, it is recommended to use a non-stick frying pan.
HOW MANY CALORIES PER SERVING?
The Garlic Butter Fish has only 346 calories per serving.
WHAT MEALS TO SERVE WITH GARLIC BUTTER FISH?
Some other meals such as Easy-Homemade Spaghetti, Marinated Tomatoes, Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi and Creamy Mushrooms Pasta can be served together with Garlic Butter Fish for more complete weekday lunch or weeknight dinner.
COURSE : MAIN COURSE
CUISINE : INTERNATIONAL
KEYWORD : SIMPLE FISH RECIPE / GARLIC BUTTER FISH
PREP TIME : 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME : 10 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME : 20 MINUTES
SERVINGS : 3 PEOPLE
CALORIES : 346 CALORIES
- 12 oz of firm white fish fillets
- Ground black pepper
- 3 dashes of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- Some salt
- Lemon wedges
FOR THE GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE :
- 4 tablespoons of salted and melted butter
- ½ tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- The fish fillets are cut into some pieces. Try not to cut them too thin to make it easier for you when you pan fry the pieces of fish fillets. With some salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper, the pieces of fish fillets are seasoned. And then, the pieces of fish fillets are coated with corn starch. Put them aside.
- Prepare a bowl and all the ingredients of the Garlic Butter Sauce. And then, in the bowl, mix all of the Garlic Butter Sauce ingredients together. Put them aside.
- Prepare a large frying non-stick pan. And then, the large frying pan is heated on a medium heat. The cooking oil is put into the large frying pan, and when the oil is hot enough, put the pieces of fish fillets in one single layer into the large frying pan and they are pan fried until both sides of pieces of fish fillets become golden brown and crunchy. A wooden spatula is used to slowly flip over the pieces of fish fillets and try your best not to break the pieces of fish fillets.
- The pieces of fish fillets are removed from the large frying pan and they are dried on the paper towels. Throw in slowly and gently the pieces of fish fillets with the Garlic Butter Sauce. Now, your Garlic Butter Fish is ready and quickly serve The Garlic Butter Fish with lemon wedges.