Fried Bananas –Nice Dessert-
This simple, easy to follow, short taking time – only more or less 20 minutes-, homemade, practical recipe of Fried Bananas will give a crunchy and healthy Fried Bananas with their sweet taste from the overripe bananas not only for you but also for all of the members in your family! Do try!!
Fried Bananas are good for your dessert or for your snack that you can munch on anytime of the day from morning, afternoon to evening. With caramelized bananas inside, the Fried Bananas with their crunchy coating are really tasty dessert for everybody!
One of the ingredients for Fried Bananas is the overripe bananas. Do you know why the overripe bananas are used? As you are going to deep fry the overripe bananas, the overripe bananas will turn into caramelized bananas that give an appetizing kind of dessert you are going to enjoy bite by bite.
For the batter that you will use for frying, you just need to have some simple ingredients such as all purpose flour, egg white, baking powder, cornstarch and some water. This batter is going to give you the crunchiest surface ever of your own homemade of Fried Bananas. To have crunchier surface of Fried Bananas, you can give more rice flour to the batter, more or less 2 tablespoons of rice flour.
WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DO TO MAKE THE BEST FRIED BANANAS AT HOME?
First of all, after you have all of the ingredients needed for the Fried Bananas, you have to make the batter that you are going to use or frying later.
And then, the overripe bananas are peeled and they are sliced into 1-inch piece. After that, each piece of banana is coated with lots of coating of the batter.
Finally, the pieces of coated bananas are deep-fried in a deep fryer or a tiny pot with 2-3 inches of cooking oil. Besides using a deep fryer or a tiny pot, you may also use a pan to fry the Fried Bananas. It is recommended to use a non-stick pan. It’s easy and simple right? So, there is no reason for you not to try to cook Fried Bananas today at home!
HOW MANY CALORIES OF FRIED BANANAS PER SERVING?
Fried Bananas has only 259 calories per serving.
WHAT MEALS TO SERVE WITH FRIED BANANAS?
Fried Bananas are best served warm with chocolate sauce and they are dusted with some sugar powder for a nice dessert. Before having Fried Bananas for dessert, some other meals such as Shrimp Boil, Garlic Butter Pork Chops, Cajun Chicken and Garlic Butter Steak can be served for more complete weekday meals.
One Main Dish that can be served before having Fried Bananas is Shrimp Boil. For Shrimp Boil, you need ingredients such as some water, 4 tablespoons of Seasoning, 8 oz of chopped into halves of baby potatoes, 2 ears of chopped into 2-inch pieces of corn on the cob, 12 oz chopped into pieces of smoked sausage, 1 lb of shelled, deveined, tail-on of shrimp, and 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley.
Some other ingredients are needed for the Cajun Butter such as 6 tablespoons of melted unsalted butter and 1 ½ tablespoons of Cajun Seasoning. Now, you are ready to cook the Shrimp Boil.
Firstly, a tall stockpot is filled with water. The water is brought to a rolling boil on high heat. The seasoning is put into the stockpot followed by baby potatoes and corn. The stockpot is covered and they are boiled for more or less 8-10 minutes or until all of the potatoes turn soft.
Secondly, the Cajun Butter is made by mixing the melted butter with Cajun seasoning together. They are stirred to mix properly. Put them aside.
Next, the smoked sausages and shrimp are put into the stockpot and they are boiled for 1 minute or until the shrimp become pink. The stockpot is removed from the heat and all of the ingredients are dried-out using a colander. Just do it in two batches if your colander is not large enough.
After that, a large frying pan is heated up on high heat. The Cajun Butter and all the shrimp boil ingredients are put into the large frying pan. They are stirred to mix properly. The Shrimp Boil is removed to a sheet pan or serving platter.
Finally, the Shrimp Boil is beautifully decorated with chopped parsley. Now, your Homemade Shrimp Boil is ready and you serve The Shrimp Boil before you enjoy The Fried Bananas.
COURSE : DESSERT
CUISINE : ASIAN (SOUTH EAST ASIAN)
KEYWORD : FRIED BANANAS
PREP TIME : 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME : 10 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME : 20 MINUTES
SERVINGS : 4 PEOPLE
CALORIES : 259 CALORIES
- 4 overripe bananas
- Some cooking oil for the deep frying
INGREDIENTS FOR THE FRYING BATTER :
- 1 egg white
- ¼ cup of cornstarch
- ½ cup of sifted of all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- ½ cup of ice cold water
- The bananas are chopped into 1-inch length. Put them aside.
- Prepare a large bowl. And then, all the ingredients in Frying Batter are mixed in the large bowl. Batter together. They are stirred to mix properly. You must make the batter smooth. The bananas are put carefully into the batter.
- Prepare a small pot. The small pot is heated up with 2-3 inches of cooking oil on high heat. The cooking oil is ready when it is totally heated with a billow smoke coming from the surface.
- Each piece of banana is slowly dropped into the hot oil. The bananas are deep-fried in batches. The bananas are flipped over so both sides of bananas become golden brown and turn crunchy.
- A slotted spoon is used to remove the fried bananas out of the oil. Dry them out on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Step 4 is repeated until all of the bananas are up. To serve the Fried Bananas, the top of the Fried bananas are dusted with some sugar powder. Now, your homemade Fried Bananas are ready and you serve The Fried Bananas warm with chocolate sauce.