What Is Laksa?
Laksa is a very well known street food in Indonesia, Singapore and Malaysia. This simple,easy to practice Curry Laksa recipe is really mouth watering! It is worth trying and it is good for you.
Laksa gains its fame internationally not only to the Asians but to the Westerners as well because of its delectable taste. No wonder, many people around the world really enjoy this meal. You can find Laksa from a modest street stall to a high-end hotel restaurant.
In general, when people talk about Laksa,they refer it to Curry Laksa, in a curry and coconut milk soup base.Actually,there are many kinds of Laksa, but two famous ones are Curry Laksa and Asam Laksa.
This is a friendly adapted Curry Laksa recipe that will be more suitable to the Westerner’s taste. In many luxurious hotels in Southeast Asia, you will have this kind of Curry Laksa with modified ingredients,yet you can still feel the authentic and distinctive, delectable taste.
Some evaporated milk is added to the Laksa boullion, so it’s half evaporated milk and half coconut milk. You will get a creamier version of Curry Laksa with no strong taste of coconut milk.
You can buy the curry paste online at Amazon and once you have it, you are ready to practice comfortably this simple,easy to do Curry Laksa Recipe at home. You will have the best and tasty Curry Laksa!
How To Make Laksa
- 3 Tablespoons of cooking oil
- ½ pack of instant curry paste (120 g)
- 2 cups or 1 can of chicken stock
- 2 cups of water
- 2 stalks of white part pounded lemon grass
- 10 tofu puffs,chopped into pieces
- ½ cup of evaporated milk
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- Salt to your taste
OTHER INGREDIENTS :
- Yellow noodles
- Bean sprouts
- 10 peeled,deveined,cooked shrimp
- 3 chopped into halves hard-boiled eggs
- Fish cake chopped into pieces
- Prepare a stockpot and then put the cooking oil into the stockpot.Saute the instant curry paste until you smell its aroma.The chicken stock,tofu puffs,lemon grass and water are added.The soup is brought to a boil.Start to simmer by lowering the heat. The evaporated milk and coconuto milk are added. Add some salt to your taste. Keep simmering the stock.
- Prepare the yellow noodles and beanspruts and then they are rinsed separately. Dry the yellow noodles and the beansprouts. Put them aside.
- Prepare a bowl for serving the Curry Laksa. Some yellow noodles and beansprouts are brought to the boil. Then, dry the yellow noodles and the beansprouts. After that, remove the dried yellow noodles and beansprouts to the serving bowl. Several fish cakes, some eggs and 2-3 shrimp are put on the top of the dried yellow noodles and beansprouts. Pour the soup and several pieces of tofu puffs on the top of the dried yellow noodles and beansprouts by using a ladle. Voila,your Curry Laksa is ready to serve!