You might have omelet for breakfast with a cup of orange juice or milk. But don’t you want to try enjoying biscuit and gravy for breakfast? If so, why don’t you make your own biscuit and gravy instead of buying it? I promise, you’ll love this easy biscuit and gravy recipe and you’ll never get bored of having this menu for your breakfast. Let us show you what to do to get the best biscuit and gravy.
You’ll only have to spend forty minutes in the morning to get 8 serves of biscuit and gravy ready. Twenty minutes is to prepare all ingredients and utensils necessary to cook this menu. And another twenty minutes will be used to make the biscuit and gravy. Do you think you’re ready to make this breakfast menu? Go get these tools ready first.
- Baking dish
- Knife set
- Cooking pots
- Wooden spoons
That’s it. Well, those tools are prepared to help you build a dish from ingredients. So below is the complete ingredients you must prepare to make the biscuit and gravy.
Easy Biscuit and Gravy Ingredients to Prepare
- 2 cans of flaky biscuits, the 16oz large one
- 1 pound of breakfast sausage, the ground one
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 3 cups of milk
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter that you’re going to use to brush the top of your finished product
Those ingredients can become delicious biscuit and gravy breakfast for your family, if only you follow the entire steps written down here. Everything you need for perfect biscuit and gravy is explained below.
Simple Steps to Cook Easy Biscuit and Gravy
- Preheat your oven first to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Open your biscuit cans then cut your biscuits into quarters. Now set them aside.
- Prepare your casserole dish by spreading the cooking spray on it. You are free to use 10 x 12 inch or 9 x 13 inch casserole dish for this menu. Smaller dish can also be used to bake this menu but there’ll be some spillage you found in your oven. Fill your prepared pan with half of your quartered biscuits.
- Bake the biscuits for ten minutes.
- Turn your stove to high heat or medium heat then cook your ground sausage until it is thoroughly cooked. You’ll know it is done when it turns brown. Keep the heat in medium level.
- Get small bowl to mix your garlic powder, pepper, salt, and flour together. Use this flour mixture to sprinkle your cooked sausage. Stir the flour mixture and make sure your sausage absorbs the mixture.
- Add in the milk while keep stirring to combine everything together. Stir frequently so that your mixture will start comes to simmer.
- Reduce your stove heat until it is in low level then continue simmering and stirring to make your gravy becomes thicken. This will take around five minutes to thicken.
- Pour your gravy over your cooked biscuits’ bottom layer.
- Now place the rest of uncooked biscuits over your gravy.
- Bake your dish for between 15 and 20 minutes. You can also keep baking until your biscuits start turning golden brown.
- Make your biscuit and gravy looks more shining and inviting by brushing your biscuit and gravy tops with melted butter.
- Now you can serve this dish for your family breakfast.
So that’s all the steps, ingredients, and tools that help you making the tastiest biscuit and gravy. But is it a good breakfast menu for your family? Sure it is. Let me show you what’s inside this biscuit and gravy breakfast menu.
Nutrition Offered By Easy Biscuit and Gravy
- 449 calories
- 62 grams of carbohydrates
- 18 grams of protein
- 39 grams of fat
- 11 grams of saturated fat
- 58 milligrams of cholesterol
- 1638 milligrams of sodium
- 515 milligrams of potassium
- 1 gram of fiber
- 8 grams of sugar
- 4 milligrams of vitamin C
- 164 milligrams of calcium
- 6 milligrams of iron
The entire nutrition above is contained by every serving of biscuit and gravy. Can you imagine how cheap and healthy this dish is? Don’t hesitate to make your kids have this for their breakfast.
Satisfying meal is something that sticks to ribs. What does it mean? It is not that you are wearing food as cloth so that it sticks to the outside of your ribs. This is about enjoying meals that are going to make you feel satisfied and full for hours. You will absolutely figure out that the biscuit and gravy you made by the help of the recipe above is one of the satisfying meals you can ever made.
When Danish and coffee breakfast is going to make you feel happy and full until the mid-morning, biscuit and gravy is totally different. This breakfast menu is about to let you stay awake right after breakfast time until you reach the lunchtime. This menu comes in big batch and is perfect to welcome your hungry guests such as your family who visit over holidays or some for some sleepover friends.
The recipe above is for those who need to feed many hungry tummies. If you’re looking for a recipe for less hungry people, you only have to cut that recipe into a half. And even though you get biscuit and gravy leftovers, you can reheat this dish tomorrow. The taste is still as good as the previous day’s taste. If you love gravy, you may want to make gravy in double batch for the recipe above.
It is going to give you easy biscuit and gravy with extra gravy. Don’t wait any longer. Start making this extraordinary menu based on the recipe above and you’ll make everyone’s tummy in your household happy. One more thing about the biscuits: pick two cans of biscuit that the total is 16oz, not two cans that each is 16oz.