Easy and Simple Shrimp Boil Recipe
Cooking some shrimp for your lunch and dinner cuisine would spoiling your happy tummy. The shrimps are not only healthy but also have an amazing creamy flavor in your mouth. There is a lot of ways to cook shrimp at home with homemade recipe. One of them is to cook shrimp boil recipe that should bring you better creation once you prepare some food for your friends and family.
You do not need to prepare for other ingredient where you may add butter on your shrimp for better taste. Boiling and Old Bay with shrimp will be amazing as you can also add some Cajun seasoning and butter. It will be delicious with other ingredient that should complete the taste, you may need to put some baby potatoes, corn and smoked sausage that can make you full.
What is Shrimp Boil Recipe?
- It is a must during summer
During summer, eating some soup will be the best cuisine to serve on the table. It would not be complete without having a seafood boil with some crawfish inside. The smell of the dish allows you to increase your mood once you gather with family and friend. Every party will be amazing with this special food especially if you do an outdoor party with round table.
- Good to serve with anything
Shrimp boil recipe known as the American or western summer tradition which every people tend to use to cook this cuisine. Besides, it is one of the easiest foods to combine with everything including corn, sausage, and cold beer.
- One of the all-in cuisines
The best recipe to cook this amazing cuisine is to put all things together into one pot while you cook them. The best part is to add some Old Bay seasoning and boil with the ingredient. Do not forget to have some Cajun seasoning for a bit of spicy taste and savory sensation, you may also add melted butter for Cajun sauce.
- Making a Cajun Boil
Shrimp boil will be better to enjoy with Cajun Boil and you need to use pot of water to cook this ingredient. Add all ingredients inside the pot step by step starting with Old Bay Seasoning, corn and potatoes, shrimp and smoked sausage. You can also prepare the spicy Cajun during this time so you can manage the cooking duration.
The dinner would be better to serve when it fresh from the skillet. That is why, once you prepare for this ingredient make sure if you really understand time management. Put everything inside and do not forget to set a time and do not let it overcooked or your shrimp boil will get failed.
Cooking Tips and Hacks
- The use of seasoning
Do not use Zatarain’s seasoning, many people believe if it tastes to strong and will make your dish a bit salty. It would be okay for someone who love salty food but for those who do not like it, try to prefer for another type of sauce. Do not ever ruin the taste on your shrimp bowl.
- Time to cook
There is a lot of shrimp size you may choose to cook this cuisine, for a medium size you can cook in 1 minute. Put them in a hot boiling water and let them turn red as long as you do not let them overcook. The shrimp will have different flavor and tasteless once it get overcooked. Add some Cajun Butter to the sauce for an extra flavors on your dish.
- Cook in the oven
You can cook this recipe anywhere including in an oven by using a sheet pan. The next step is to mix all the ingredients together with the seasonings and spices. After that, star to bake at 220 Celcius around 10 to 12 minutes. You can tell if its cooked if the shrimp color turn red.
- Time to boil
You need to filling the pot with water and bring it to a rolling boil. Do not forget boil the shrimp inside the boiling water, let them cooked and change the color. It will take 1 minutes until it get done.
- Cook with some wine
Not everyone would love to eat without any beers and wine, if you eat seafood it would be better to cook with some wine. It is one of the best dishes to boil and to create some sour taste to your cuisine. Make sure if it is not overcooked.
How to Cook Shrimp Boil Recipe
Cuisine: shrimp Boil
Keyword: Shrimp Boil
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes.
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes.
Total Time Needed: 20 minutes.
Serving: 1 portion
- 12 smoked sausage, you need to cut into pieces.
- Boiling water.
- Cut into halves 8oz baby potatoes.
- Shrimp 1lb with shelled, tail-in, and devined.
- Corn on the cob 2 ears and cut them into 2-inch pieces.
- Garnishing with 1tbs chopped parsley.
Cajun Butter Ingredient:
- Cajun seasoning, prepare for 1 ½ tbs.
- Unsalted butter 6tbs wait until melted.
- Prepare a high heat on your stove and fill a tall pot with halfway water. After you finish with this process, start to add an Old Bay seasoning following with the baby potatoes and corn. You have to cover the pot and boil around 8-10 minutes straight. Wait until the potatoes get tender and ready to eat.
- While waiting, try to make the cajun butter and combine with melted butter. Stir them together on a pot mix well and set aside. Remove from the heat and drain all ingredients using colander it is too hot. If your colander is not big enough, try to do in two batches.
- The next step is for platting that would be important to increase your mood while eating the dish. Thus, if you want an eye-catching food, try to add some chopped parsley on top of the dish.
- Baking time would be important and you need to control the temperature. Make sure if everything is cooked really well and would not change the taste. You can cover the food while baking to make sure if the heat does not change the savory taste.
Combining all ingredients together with seasoning and spices is a new thing to do. Thus, you need to provide a sheet pan for the shrimp to get boiled. Add 4tbs Old Bay seasoning for better result.