Creamy Scallop Pasta
This simple, easy to follow, short taking time recipe – only more or less 15 minutes- will give you a tasty and mouthwatering Creamy Scallop Pasta that you and all of the members in your family will enjoy very much! Do try!!
Pasta is loved by many and when you combine it with creamy scallop, the end result is just fantastic! With the creamy sauce, the pasta and scallop is a really perfect pair. You can have it for your lunch or dinner with your beloved family.
To cook the scallop and spaghetti, you don’t need to spend much time and it’s so easy that you don’t realize it’s ready in less than 20 minutes. The scallops should be cooked a little bit longer, but don’t worry, you will have a more flavorsome to the dish. And the scallops are still soft and moist.
WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DO TO MAKE YOUR OWN AND THE BEST CREAMY SCALLOP PASTA AT HOME?
First of all, you need to have the ingredients such as uncooked thick spaghetti, vegetable oil, scallops, butter, garlic, lemon zest, red pepper flakes, dry sherry, salt and pepper, lemon, Italian parsley, and freshly Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
Next, you will cook the spaghetti and then, cook the scallops and pour the parsley and the grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Finally, your Homemade Creamy Scallop Pasta is ready. Besides using pasta you can have the Creamy Scallops with Garlic.
For Creamy Garlic Scallop, you need to have the ingredients such as 1 ¼ pounds or 6000 grams of scallops, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 4-5 large cloves of minced garlic or 1 ½ tablespoons of minced garlic, salt and fresh ground black pepper, ¼ cup of dry white wine or broth, 1 cup of heavy cream, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and ¼ cup of chopped parsley.
First of all, the olive oil is heated up in a large flat base frying pan over medium-high heat until it becomes hot and sizzling. The scallops are put into the large flat base frying pan in a single layer without over crowding the large flat base frying pan.
Secondly, the scallops are seasoned with salt and pepper up to your taste and they are fried for 2-3 minutes on one side until a golden crust is formed underneath, and then, they are flipped and fried again for 2 minutes until crunch, lightly browned and cooked completely. They are removed from the large flat base frying pan and they are transferred to a plate.
Thirdly, 2 tablespoons of butter is melted in the same pan. The garlic is put into the large flat base frying pan and for 1 minute, it is cooked until you smell its nice aroma.
Next, the wine or broth is poured in and it is brought to a simmer for 2 minutes or until the wine decreases by about half. The cream is put into the pan and it is allowed to simmer until it becomes a little bit thick.
After that, the large frying pan is removed from heat. The lemon juice is stirred in and the scallops are put back into the large frying pan to warm through a little bit and they are beautifully decorated with parsley.
Finally, Your Homemade Creamy Garlic Scallops are ready and you can enjoy it with Creamy Scallop Pasta.
HOW MANY CALORIES OF CREAMY SCALLOP PASTA PER SERVING?
The Creamy Scallop Pasta has 671 calories per serving.
COURSE : MAIN COURSE
CUISINE : INTERNATIONAL
KEYWORD : CREAMY SCALLOP PASTA
PREP TIME : 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME : 5 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME : 15 MINUTES
SERVING SIZE : 1
CALORIES : 671 CALORIES
- 8 oz of uncooked thick spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 pound of scallops
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons of grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- ½ cup of dry sherry
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 juiced of lemon
- 2 tablespoons of chopped and divided Italian parsley
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper or up to your taste
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated Parmigiano-Regiano cheese for serving the Creamy Scallop Pasta.
- Prepare a large pot and some water. And then, the large pot with thinly or lightly salted water is brought to a boil. For about 10 minutes or 1 minute less than the direction on the package, the spaghetti is cooked in the boiling water, and it is stirred once in a while until the spaghetti becomes soft and tender but al dente, firm to the bite.
- Prepare a large flat base frying pan. And then, the oil is heated up in the large flat base frying pan over high heat. The scallops are put into the large flat base frying pan when the cooking oil begins to smoke and the scallops are move into a single layer. Just let them sear on high heat for 60 seconds. Throw the scallops slowly up and down in the large flat base frying pan.
- The butter is put into the large flat base frying pan and the scallops are stirred until the butter is completely dissolved. The garlic is stirred in. The lemon zest and red pepper flakes are put into the large flat base frying pan. More or less 1 minute, the sherry is stirred in and cooked and it is kept stirring until the alcohol cooks off.
- The cream is poured. The heat is reduced to medium-low when the mixture starts to simmer. The salt, pepper and lemon juice are put into the large flat base frying pan.
- The pasta is dried out. The drained pasta with scallops is removed to the large flat base frying pan. They are brought to a simmer. The half of the parsley is put into the large flat base frying pan. More or less 1 minute, they are cooked until the pasta is heated completely and soft.
- Finally, they are removed from the heat. With grated cheese, grate a lot of it to the Creamy Scallop Pasta. The rest of the parsley is added to the Creamy Scallop Pasta. Now, your Homemade Creamy Scallop Pasta is ready and you serve it in warm bowls. Enjoy!!