What most of us love about fast food restaurants is the fried chicken. It is just tastes too special than the ones I made at home. But things changed as I figured out that I did it wrong. If you also have tried making your own fast food styled fried chicken but you need special formula, here is the secret buried in this fried chicken recipe. If you can find the secret you can make the better fried chickens then those restaurants.
Okay, okay, I’ll tell you what makes this recipe special. It is hot sauce and buttermilk formula. Those ingredients are making your fried chicken truly crispy and juicy. The key ingredients above also give your chicken the flavorful crust. Scroll down a bit and you’ll see the complete formula for the best homemade fried chicken for your beloved family.
Fried Chicken Recipe’s Ingredients
- 8 pieces of chicken from a whole chicken
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of paprika powder
- 3 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 3 teaspoons of celery salt
- 3 teaspoons of seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon of dry mustard
- 3 teaspoons of oregano
- ½ cup of hot sauce
- 3 teaspoons of thyme
- 3 teaspoons of Cajun seasoning
- Buttermilk, use it to marinate your chickens
Okay, so here is the key: you can’t cook your chickens at the same day as you marinate them. Below are the other keys that help you making the best fried chicken ever.
Fried Chicken Recipe in Complete Steps
- Use jumbo sized zip lock bags to marinate your chickens in hot sauce and buttermilk. Save your chickens inside your fridge for a night. So if you want to cook fried chickens on Monday, marinate them from Sunday. Hot sauce isn’t going to make your chickens taste hot but rich of flavors.
- After one night, prepare another formula to add more taste to your chickens. Mix your flour with baking powder and cornstarch then add some spices to your flour mixture. Do not use the entire spices since you’re going to need a bit of them to season your chickens again after you fry them. So leave a little bit of each spice before adding them to your flour.
- Take your chickens from fridge then dip them in the mixture of flour and spices. Then place your chickens on baking sheets. Make sure your baking sheet is big enough so that each piece of your chickens doesn’t touch the others.
- Keep those chickens on the baking sheets inside the fridge again, but only for fifteen minutes this time, not overnight.
- When fifteen minutes are over, dip your chickens in flour mixture again. Then leave it again inside the fridge for another fifteen minutes. Don’t worry; the time you spend is going to give you best result.
- Now heat up the oil in your pan. Make sure your oil is enough so that the entire chickens are all covered by oil. Heat your oil until it is 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Your oil temperature is going to turn low when you put your chicken in. cook your chickens in smaller batches in order to keep the oil temperature consistent.
- Deep fry your chickens.
- Use tongs to move your chickens from the pan to the big sized baking sheet that has been lined with some paper towels. After you fry the chickens, you must season them immediately using the seasoning mixtures you have prepared in the beginning. Make sure the seasoning touches the entire chickens.
- Serve your chickens while they’re still hot. You can serve them with honey.
- If you want to make your chickens hot again, microwave them before serving them with your favorite honey.
This recipe might take extra-long time to prepare the chickens. But that’s what you have to do if you want your fried chickens to be perfect – way more delicious than the ones offered by fast food restaurants. Besides, leaving the chickens overnight inside the fridge won’t hurt. I promise everyone who tastes it would say you’re the best chef they ever met.
But, is this a good and healthy recipe? If you’re not sure about it, check the nutrition contained by each serving of this fried chicken down here.
Fried Chicken Recipe’s Nutrition
- 272 kilocalories
- 47 grams of carbohydrate
- 10 grams of protein
- 5 grams of fat
- 2 grams of saturated fat
- 14 milligrams of cholesterol
- 2271 milligrams of sodium
- 467 milligrams of potassium
- 3 grams of fiber
- 6 grams of sugar
- 12 milligrams of vitamin c
- 229 milligrams of calcium
- 3 milligrams of iron
I’m sure you’re no longer wondering if this food is healthy or not. Print this recipe and place it in the kitchen. If one day you’re interested to make it you just need to follow the printed instructions. If you don’t like honey to accompany your chicken, it is okay. You don’t even need any sauce to enjoy the healthy fried chickens that are well seasoned already.
Oh, and about the hot sauce to marinate your chickens along with buttermilk, it means Tabasco. Yet, you can use many other hot sauces that are all based on hot pepper. You’re free to use Frank’s hot sauce, Louisiana hot sauce, or even Texas Pete hot sauce, whichever you love the most. What about the buttermilk? What if I can’t find one around here? Well, use your own homemade buttermilk then.
Be the Best Chef for This Fried Chicken Recipe
Homemade is always the better option than buying foods. If you can make homemade buttermilk, it can save you some of your money. Making homemade fried chickens like this will show you that you’re better in making flavorful chickens compared to those who work in fast food restaurants.
Saving this Fried Chicken Recipe in your bookmark tab is letting you to find this recipe again if you accidentally lose your printed recipe. Sharing this recipe with your friends is another way to save this recipe and also a nice way to share a big secret for your loved ones.