What do you like from a coconut curry chicken ? One interesting thing from this dish is the sauce that’s made of coconut and tomato at once. Most curry dishes are served with sauce that’s made of coconut, with no tomato. If you’re one of tomato sauce big fans, you’re also going to love this meal. How come both ingredients create the best curry ever? You can’t tell if you don’t try.
So it is important to make this dish at home, trying it yourself, to know how amazing this meal is. Are you ready to make spicy and sweet dish for your dinner? If you’re used to make curry with no tomato sauce nor coconut sauce, this one is absolutely new menu to try. And I’m here to tell you what steps you should take.
- 2 lbs. of chicken breasts that have been cleaned from either bones or skins. Cut them into chunks in ½ inch sized.
- Pepper and salt
- 1½ tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of curry powder
- ½ onion, slice it thinly
- 2 cloves of garlic, crush them
- 1 can or 14 ounces of coconut milk
- 1 can or 14.5 ounces of diced and drained tomato
- 1 can or 8 ounces of tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
Check your ingredients again and make sure the entire ingredients on the list above are now available on your preparation table. Now, you might want to know which coconut milk is the best one for this recipe. You’re absolutely in the right place for it. Here comes the wonderful guide that helps you finding the right coconut milk to make this curry.
The Right Coconut Milk for Perfect Coconut Curry Chicken
Coconut milk that’s used to make most eastern curry is the one that’s thicker than the canned one. If you can’t make your own coconut milk from fresh coconuts, try the alternative. You can use canned version of coconut milk but make sure that it is very thick for your curry. Grocery store is always offering many types of canned version of coconut milk.
If possible, get canned version of coconut milk that requires you to mix the milk before using it. That product usually comes with really thick coconut milk along with liquid that’s separated inside the can. You can measure set the thickness of coconut milk you desire for best curry sauce you like. Now, if the entire ingredients have been collected, you better start making the curry.
Coconut Curry Chicken Steps to Cook
- Use pepper and salt to season your chicken chunks
- Mix your oil and curry powder together. Then heat your big skillet on stove that has been set to medium high heat. Add the mixture of oil and curry powder to your skillet. Heat that mixture for about a minute
- Put in the onions and garlic into the skillet then cook them for another one minute.
- Add your marinated chicken chunks then toss them lightly in order to coat your chickens with the mixture in the skillet.
- Reduce the heat from high to medium then keep cooking for between 7 and 10 minutes. You sure can keep cooking until your chickens lose the pink color they had. Also make sure that the juices of your chicken chunks are totally gone.
- Pour your thick coconut milk along with tomato sauce, sugar, and diced drained tomatoes into the skillet. Stir them all to combine them.\
- Cover your skillet and let them simmer. You’re allowed to stir them occasionally. Keep cooking for thirty minutes or forty minutes.
- Prepare the white rice on your plate, and then serve your hot chicken curry over the rice. Enjoy your delicious curry while both rice and curry are still hot.
Before you turn the stove on, make sure you prepare some tools that are needed to make this dish. You only need to prepare chopping board and its knife. Oh, and skillet and spatula. Of course you’re going to need plate and spoon and fork, but that’s only to serve the dish. Don’t you think it is easy to make this dish? Here is another crucial note you better follow if you want to make the best curry ever.
If you have followed the instructions above but you figure out that your curry has so much sauce, all you need to do is just simmering the curry a while longer. Simmering is going to reduce your curry sauce. Stop simmering if you can see that your curry now has sauce in your desired amount. Once you’re done watching the instructions, you need to be sure about the healthiness of this dish before you cook it.
Coconut Curry Chicken Complete Nutrition for Family
- 412 kilocalories
- 16 grams of carbohydrates
- 37 grams of protein
- 23 grams of fat
- 14 grams of saturated fat
- 94 milligrams of cholesterol
- 322 milligrams of sodium
- 4 grams of fiber
- 12 grams of sugar
There’s no doubt that this curry is not just tasty and but also healthy. Just add this menu to your list and cook it for your upcoming family dinner. The time you must spend to make this perfect dinner menu is just an hour and ten minutes. You’re going to use the first twenty minutes to make preparation and another fifty minutes to cook the curry. Make sure you have enough time to cook before dinner.
Coconut Curry Chicken’s Fun Facts
You know what? Curry comes from India and its origin name is ‘Kari’. The original name of this dish means soup or sauce that must be consumed with rice. That’s why you need to serve this meal with white rice. In past, this dish is made with various spices including cumin, red chilies, turmeric, and coriander. Luckily, since 18th century, there’s an invention called curry powder. Making curry is now as easy as pie.
Since this dish comes from India, making the best coconut curry chicken for your first dinner date with a man from India will be an excellent idea. Just make sure you cook it in the right way to impress him