Chicken Casserole Recipe
This practical, homemade recipe of Chicken Casserole will give you nice, cheesy and tasty Chicken Casserole with only some simple ingredients combined with baked potato.
Chicken breast and potatoes are perfect ingredients to make casserole, and the Chicken Casserole you are about to try will be so tasty and yummy that the other members in your family want to have more of this cheesy and creamy Chicken Casserole.
Before going to the main part of this recipe, let’s find out more about Casserole. So, what do you know about Casserole?
Casserole is actually a French word means a large, deep pan which is used for oven cooking and kinds of meals or food that are cooked in the pan as well. To make it easier, you just call the “pan” as “casserole pan” and only “casserole” for the “kinds of meals or food”.
To have an excellent homemade casserole you just need to mix and match the 5 essential elements. The 5 ingredients are as follows vegetables, sauce, cheese, protein and starch. These 5 ingredients can be used to make an excellent casserole for all of the members in your family.
Besides the appetizers that are recommended below, some other appetizers or side dishes such as Curried Corn and Coconut Rice, Portuguese-Style Mint Rice, Creamy Spinach Parmesan Orzo, Lemon Quinoa with Currants, Dill and Zucchini and Warm Beet and Farro Salad can be served together with your homemade casserole.
Anyway, some people are often confused the distinction between stew and casserole. The main difference is Casserole is cooked in the oven, so it is heated from all directions, stew is cooked on stovetop and it is heated from the bottom.
WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DO TO HAVE THE BEST CHICKEN CASSEROLE AT HOME?
First of all, Homemade Chicken Casserole needs ingredients such as chicken breast, potatoes, bacon, ranch dressing, cheddar cheese, and heavy whipping cream. What you will have is lots of cheddar cheese, bacon, creamy potatoes and ranch dressing chicken on top the tastiest casserole ever!
Next, it is not that difficult to make casserole at home. You just need to comprehend the cooking process and once you do, you can link and match various ingredients for your homemade casserole.
These are some important steps when making your homemade casserole. First, prepare an oven safe casserole pan. And then, all the ingredients such as chicken breast and potatoes are put into the oven safe casserole pan. The heavy whipping cream, cheese, bacon and ranch dressing are also put into the oven safe casserole pan and they are stirred to mix properly.
And remember, you don’t need lots of seasonings, just some sugar, salt and pepper. After that, all the ingredients are baked in the oven until they are well-cooked and the cheesy on top become totally golden.
The end result is on the top of your homemade casserole will be a little bit crusty with the cheddar cheese and at the same time you will have soft, juicy, creamy and tasty potatoes and chicken. Just in case you don’t have the ranch dressing, you can use sour cream instead.
HOW MANY CALORIES PER SERVING?
This Chicken Casserole has 681 calories per serving.
WHAT MEALS TO SERVE WITH CHICKEN CASSEROLE?
Some other meals especially these following appetizers such as Garlic Herb Sauteed Mushrooms, Brown Butter Garlic Honey Roasted Carrots, Garlic Green Beans and Sauteed Asparagus can be served together for more healthy and more complete weekday lunch or weeknight dinner.
COURSE : MAIN COURSE
CUISINE : WESTERN / INTERNATIONAL
KEYWORD : CHICKEN CASSEROLE
PREP TIME : 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME : 1 HOUR AND 30 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR AND 40 MINUTES
SERVINGS : 3 PEOPLE
CALORIES : 681 CALORIES
- 1/ 2 teaspoon of sugar
- 3 dashes of ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of ranch dressing
- ¼ cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2 medium-sized, peeled and chopped into pieces of potatoes
- 2 slices of chopped into pieces of bacon or bacon strips
- 8 oz of boneless, skinless and chopped into cubes of chicken breast
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons of chopped into tiny pieces of unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon of salt or up to your taste
- Prepare the oven and a baking pan. And then, the oven is heated to 350 F. With some oil or butter a 9×9 baking pan is thinly greased.
- The sugar, pepper, salt and ranch dressing to heavy whipping cream are put onto the baking pan. They are slowly stirred to mix properly.
- The potatoes and the chicken are spread on one single layer.
- The bacon and butter are sprinkled and then, with half of the cheddar cheese and scallions are put on top.
- The heavy whipping cream is poured over the top of the casserole. Using aluminum foil, cover the casserole and for 1 hour, it is baked.
- After 1 hour, the baking pan is uncovered and for the next 30 minutes, it is baked again. In the last 10 minutes, the remaining of cheddar cheese is sprinkled and it is continued to bake until the cheddar cheese become a little bit crusty.
- Finally, your homemade Chicken Casserole is removed from the oven. Now, your Chicken Casserole is ready and you serve it as soon as possible. If you have some leftover of the Chicken casserole, you may keep it for your lunch box the following day.