Chicken And Potatoes
Chicken and Potatoes are 2 simple but amazing ingredients that can give you a very tasty meal and in this simple, easy to follow, short taking time –only more or less 30 minutes-, homemade recipe of Chicken and Potatoes, you and all of the members in your family will have amazingly tasty chicken dish with its soft and tender potatoes that you all will enjoy until the last bite! Do try!!
Chicken and Potatoes are just so incredible and appetizing when you can easily cook these two ingredients in one pan. The taste is so addictive that you want to have it again and again.
To cook Chicken and Potatoes, you just need a cast iron large flat base frying pan. You’ll cook comfortably the 2 ingredients in the same frying pan. The cast iron pan stands the heat and spreads the heat equally.
WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DO TO HAVE THE BEST CHICKEN AND POTATOES AT HOME?
First of all, the chicken must be marinated with Italian Seasoning, olive oil, smoked paprika and salt. A properly marinated chicken will give you a soft, juicy and tasty chicken meat.
Next, the potatoes are sliced into tiny wedges. By doing this, the potatoes will be cooked equally on the stove top.
HOW MANY CALORIES OF CHICKEN AND POTATOES PER SERVING?
Chicken and Potatoes have only 350 calories per serving.
WHAT SIDE DISHES TO SERVE WITH CHICKEN AND POTATOES?
Some side dishes especially vegetables side dishes such as Garlic Butter Sauteed Spinach and Garlic Green Beans and also another side dish like Garlic Bread can be served together with Chicken and Potatoes for more complete weekday lunch or weeknight dinner.
One healthy and tasty vegetable side dish that pairs well with Chicken and Potatoes is Garlic Butter Sauteed Spinach. It takes less than 10 minutes to cook this healthy vegetable side dish.
For Garlic Butter Sauteed Spinach, you need to have some ingredients such as 2 tablespoons of melted salted butter, 4 cloves of minced garlic, 8 oz of baby spinach, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 1 pinch of salt. Now, you are ready to cook Garlic Butter Sauteed Spinach.
First of all, a large flat base frying pan is heated up and the butter is put into the large flat base frying pan. The garlic is sautéed until you smell its nice aroma.
Next, the spinach is put into the large flat base frying pan followed by the lemon juice and salt. They are stirred to mix properly.
And then, quickly after the spinach leaves begins to wilt, the heat is turned off and they are removed to a serving platter.
Finally, the Garlic Butter Sauteed Spinach is beautifully decorated with some fresh lemon wedges. It’s simple and easy, right?
Now, your Homemade Garlic Butter Sauteed Spinach is ready and you serve it with Chicken and Potatoes.
Another healthy and tasty vegetable side dish is Garlic Green Beans. It takes shorter time to cook Garlic Green Beans than The Garlic Butter Sauteed Spinach only more or less 5 minutes.
For Garlic Green Beans, you need to have the ingredients such as 8 0z of green beans, 2 cloves of finely minced garlic, 1 tablespoon of cooking oil, 3 dashes of ground black pepper or white pepper and salt up to your taste. Now, you can start to cook Garlic Green Beans.
Firstly, the top and the base points of the green beans are chopped off. They are cleaned up and put them aside.
After that, the cooking oil is put in a pan and the garlic is sautéed until the garlic becomes a little bit brown.
Next, the green beans, pepper and salt are put into the pan and they are stirred continuously until they are cooked.
Finally, the green beans are removed to a serving plate. It’s again very easy and simple, right? Now, your Garlic Green Beans are ready and you serve it with Chicken and Potatoes and Garlic Butter Sauteed Spinach. Enjoy!!
CUISINE : AMERICAN
KEYWORD : CHICKEN AND POTATOES
PREP TIME : 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME : 20 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME : 30 MINUTES
SERVINGS : 4 PEOPLE
CALORIES : 350 CALORIES
FOR THE CHICKEN :
- 1 lb of boneless and skinless of chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
FOR THE POTATOES :
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 8 cloves of peeled garlic
- 1 tablespoon of melted unsalted butter
- 12 oz of chopped into wedges of red potatoes
- 3 dashes of Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of roughly chopped of fresh rosemary (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- The chicken is marinated with Italian Seasoning, olive oil, smoked paprika and salt. They are stirred to mix properly. Put them aside.
- A cast iron flat base frying pan is heated up on medium-low heat. The olive oil and butter are put into the large flat base frying pan followed by the garlic, potatoes and the rest of the ingredients.
- The potatoes wedges are cooked until the outside becomes brown and the inside is cooked completely for more or less 10-15 minutes. Dish them out and put them aside.
- The olive oil and butter are put into the same large lat base frying pan on medium heat. The chicken is pan-fried each side for more or less 4-5 minutes. The other side is flipped over and pan-fried, too.
- The chicken is pushed to one side and the potatoes are put into the large flat base frying pan. Some more salt is added up to your taste. The heat is turned off.
- Now, Your Homemade Chicken and Potatoes are ready and you quickly serve it with hot sauce and the two healthy vegetables side dishes, Garlic Butter Sauteed Spinach and Garlic Green Beans. Enjoy!!