Butter Cake Recipe
Believe it or not, this simple and easy to follow recipe gives you rich, moist and fluffy butter cake ever!! Making butter cake is never this easy, and it is highly recommended that you try, test and bake the butter cake the way this recipe explains the simple steps to make sweet, delicious and fluffy butter cake.
If you are new to baking cakes, this recipe with simple ingredients will guide and always give you the best result for moist and fluffy butter cake. The simple ingredients such as all purpose flour, sugar, eggs, unsalted butter, vanilla extract, yogurt or milk and baking powder can be found and bought at any grocery stores.
Taking less than an hour of baking, this easy to follow- homemade recipe will give you rich, tasty, and fluffy butter cake straight from your oven. Just follow the simple steps in this recipe.
IS THERE ANY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BUTTER CAKENAD POUND CAKE?
Butter cake and pound cake are almost the same because both of them use baking powder as the leavening agent.
The name Pound Cake is taken from the traditional recipe for the cake that needs one pound for the three main ingredients flour, butter and sugar while Butter Cake has a little difference in measurement ( not in the 1: 1:1 ratio), but the ingredients are almost the same.
Please, follow these highly recommended baking tips for the best result of your homemade Butter Cake.
- A high quality of unsalted butter is used for the butter cake.
- A hand mixer or a stand mixer is used to make the cake batter.
- The flour is sifted for a smooth cake batter
- It is much better to use yogurt than milk because the cake will be more moist and fluffy if you use yogurt.
- Browning of the top of the cake can be prevented from happening by covering the cake halfway with a sheet of aluminum foil while baking. IT IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN TO COVER when the cake goes into the oven or the cake will not rise well.
IS YOUR BUTTER CAKE NEEDED TO BE REFRIGERATED?
No, it’s not necessarily to refrigerate your butter cake. It will be the best to serve your butter cake warm or at a room temperature.
If there are some leftovers of the butter cake, wrap them up with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to keep them from drying out. It is possible to keep the leftovers up to 3 days at a room temperature. IT IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN TO FREEZE the butter cake.
If you want to serve the leftovers, wrap them up in the microwave for a few seconds. It is also possible to heat up the cake by using a toaster oven.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADD BERRIES OR DRIED FRUITS TO THE CAKE?
Sure, fresh berry such as blueberry can be added to the cake batter. It is also possible to add dried fruits such as prunes and raisins to the cake.
HOW MANY CALORIES IN ONE SLICE OF BUTTER CAKE?
In one slice of this butter cake, there is only 238 calories.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH BUTTER CAKE?
With a cup of coffee or a cup of tea in the afternoon, it will be nice and delightful for you to have the butter cake. If you want to also have a nice afternoon party for both tasty and sweet treats, you can serve Cheesy Ham and Broccoli Quiche, Blueberry Galette, and Blueberry Scones together with the Butter Cake.
COURSE : DESSERT
KEYWORD : BUTTER CAKE
PREP TIME : 10 MINUTES
BAKE TIME : 50 MINUTES
TOTALTIME : 1 HOUR
SERVING : 12 SLICES
CALORIES : 238 CALORIES
- 7 oz of cake flour or 200 g or scant 1 ½ cups of all purpose flour.
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter or 225 g of butter at room temperature.
- 7 oz of sugar or 200 g or 1 cup
- 4 big eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoon of yogurt or full milk
- Prepare the oven and then, the oven is preheated to 375 F.
- Prepare the pan. With some butter, the pan (loaf pan, 8×8-inch or 9×9 inch square pan, round pan) is lightly greased. The flour and the baking powder are mixed together and they are sieved. Put the salt in, and mix them well. Put them aside.
- Prepare a hand mixer or a stand mixer. For about 3 minutes, the electronic hand mixer or stand mixer is used to beat the sugar and butter until they are well combined or pale yellow in color.
- Prepare the eggs. The first egg is put in. After each addition of egg, the egg is well beaten until creamy about 1 to 2 minutes after adding each egg.
- The sides are scrapped down for even mixing. The vanilla extract is added and it is mixed well. The flour is folded in and it is mixed well. The plain yogurt or whole milk is added.
- Prepare the baking pan. The batter is poured into the greased baking pan. It is shaken lightly to distribute the cake batter evenly. For about 40-50 minutes, the batter is then baked until it becomes golden brown or cooked. The top of the cake is avoided from over browning by covering the top of the baking pan with a sheet of aluminum foil once the cake top is set. To test whether it is well done or not, a cake tester is used.
- The butter cake is now removed from the oven, and for about 5 minutes, let it cool on the wire rack. Finally, the butter cake is sliced into pieces and warmly served.