Cooking is one of the incredible activities that you can do at home, while you can also improvise new ideas at the same time. Black bean vegan enchiladas are an old Mexican recipe that you can try to create, it is quite healthy and delicious at the same time. Even that the real recipe is using chicken or several meats, here you can improvise by using a vegetable while creating this amazing dish.
There is a lot of things you need to know about this recipe, including a special ingredient and sauce which coming from Mexico. However, most of the Latin food often create an addiction for everyone who ate them. Thus, you need to create almost an original taste of sauce and cheese inside, since you are about to create a different version of enchiladas with vegies.
What is Black Bean Vegan Enchiladas Recipe?
- Crispy tortilla from Mexico
Most of the Latin or Mexican food have something related with tortillas, including this vegan enchilada which can bring you the taste of Mexican tortilla. Enchiladas should be perfect once you can provide some crispy tortilla together with all of the ingredients inside. However, there are different ways to cook tortilla such as fried, grill, and other specific methods.
- Black bean makes perfect
Recipes to cook enchiladas are quite different while people keep improvising several ingredients inside. If you are a vegan, it would be better for you to mix several beans inside while the main ingredient is a black bean. Thus, enchiladas are not specifically for people who loves to eat meats since every vegan also may enjoy the taste of perfect enchiladas.
- Herbs might be better
Once you look for something different while creating enchiladas, it should be better once you can add some herbs inside. Black bean vegan enchiladas should have better taste once you can add some herbs such as basil. However, most of the Mexican people would love to consume some kind of herbs inside their food. Even if it is not an original recipe, you can still have your favorite taste of enchiladas.
How to Cook the Dish?
Tools to prepare:
- Pan and spatula.
- Knife and cutting board.
- Mixing bowl in medium size.
- Pastry brush.
- Potato masher.
- Aluminum foil.
- Baking dish with 9×3 size.
- 1 tsp salt.
- 1 medium size yellow onion should be chopped around 8 oz.
- 2 cups cooked black beans.
- 8 oz vegan cheese Mexican style.
- 3 tbs chili powder.
- 1 tbs canola oil.
- Use a gluten free tortilla.
- 2 cloves garlic minced already.
- ½ cup and 1 tbs fresh cilantro.
- 2 tomato cups with ½ water.
- 1 medium size jalapeno pepper, chopped it with the size 1 oz.
- 2 cups cumin powder.
Steps to cook:
- Prepare a pan and let it stay in medium heat, put some oil on the pan and wait.
- You can start to add onion and garlic on the pan, cook until it soft and fragrant. It will take around 3 minutes until it gets brown.
- Once you have done with onion, then add beans and pure tomato to boil.
- You can turn the heat into low while you are mashing the bean with potato smasher, wait 5 minutes until it gets simmer.
- The next step is to remove the bean mixture from the strain and you can reserve the sauce.
- While waiting, you can transfer the strained bean mixture into the bowl then mix it with ½ cup cilantro, 4 oz of cheese, including jalapenos.
- Prepare the oven and heat into 250 F.
- On the bottom of the baking dish, start to spread ½ cup of the sauce in the bottom.
- Once the microwave touches the heat, you can put 5 tortillas inside at the same time it will help to soften.
- Prepare ¼ cup bean mixture for each tortilla, start to roll it up.
- Place them in the baking dish side down once you finish to roll.
- You can brush the sauce for each tortilla, then pour every remaining sauce over the enchiladas.
- Now you may sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the enchiladas, do not forget to cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Set the time for 20 minutes to bake, then remove the foil to bake in 3 minutes. Wait until the cheese turn to get brown.
- It is the time for you to put cilantro garnish before serving.
- Once you found any remaining bean mixture, do not throw it away to the trash since you can use it to fill the tortilla shells without need any further cooking. You may also add lettuce on top of the enchiladas.
- Most people would have different liquid content; thus, you can try to add water when making the bean mixture. It will help you once the tomato puree looks less desirable.
- If you are a vegan, suggested to use vegan cheese which are having quite different taste than other cheese.
Facts About Black Bean Vegan Enchiladas
Healthy and good for diet
The fact that vegan food is one of the best menus for diet, black bean enchiladas should help you a lot. However, once you are use it for diet, try not to use too much cheese inside. Every nutrition inside should be counted perfectly for the success of your diet.
Include huge antioxidant
Once you cook black bean vegan enchiladas, means you are creating the best food with antioxidant from every ingredient inside. The antioxidant can be found inside the black beans and tomato, suggested to use a lot of them inside.
Easy to cook
Most people would love to cook this special menu, it because enchiladas is a simple food with an easy way to cook. You can prepare this dish for your child menu since it is quite healthy and tasty at the same time.
Eating some healthy food require you to know what is the best seasoning and taste you should serve. For example, once you wanted to create black bean vegan Enchiladas, it should be important to look for several notes which can make the taste better. There must be additional sauce, seasoning, and ingredient that can make it perfect since you can always improvise your enchiladas.