This simple, easy to follow, short taking time –only more or less 30 minutes-, homemade recipe of Beijing Beef will really give you a palatable dish of Beijing Beef like the one you have at Panda Express!! Only this version of Beijing Beef is easier and healthier and once you try to make your own Beijing Beef at home, you’ll find out that it is not as expensive as you go and buy at The Eatery. Do try!!
A PIECE OF INFORMATION ABOUT BEIJING BEEF AT PANDA EXPRESS
Panda Express is the biggest fast food chain of Chinese-American Cuisine in America with more than 2200 outlets spread all over the world from mall food courts, university cafeteria, and amusement parks to military base. Panda Express, which was founded more or less 36 years ago in October 1983, has its office headquarter in California, America.
And now with more than thirty nine thousand employees and estimated revenue of 3 billion USD, Panda Express is the most popular Eatery for Chinese-American Cuisine. From the many kinds of Chinese –American Cuisines served at Panda Express, Beijing Beef is one of the most sought after dishes and becomes everybody’s favorite.
WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DO TO HAVE THE BEST BEIJING BEEF AT HOME?
First of all, Beijing Beef is well-known for its flavor and its special and incredible sauce. So, you really need to know the right balance of ingredients to have this super sauce of Beijing Beef. The Beijing Beef sauce with its perfect combination of sweet, sour and tasty flavor can be used not only for Beijing Beef itself but also for dipping sauce.
Beijing Beef Sauce maybe has a long list of ingredients, but you will know that it’s worth trying and you’ll have a delicious taste of the Beijing Beef Sauce that you want to have it again and again. You can make Beijing Beef sauce more than you need, and later you can keep it in the refrigerator and you can still use it to make another Beijing Beef or even Beijing Chicken.
WHAT MEALS TO SERVE WITH BEIJING BEEF?
Some other meals such as Chow Mein, Stir-Fried Chive Buds, and Shark’s Fin and Crab Meat Omelette can be served together with Beijing Beef for more complete weekday lunch or weeknight dinner.
HOW MANY CALORIES PER SERVING?
COURSE : MAIN COURSE
CUISINE : ASIAN (CHINESE)
KEYWORD : BEIJING BEEF RECIPE
PREP TIME : 20 MINUTES
COOK TIME : 10 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME : 30 MINUTES
SERVINGS : 3 PEOPLE
CALORIES : 296 CALORIES
- 8 oz of chopped against the grain into ¼ inch slices of flank steak (beef flap or sirloin)
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- ½ sliced medium size yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- Salt and sugar to your taste
- Some cornstarch for dusting the beef and for deep-frying the beef
- ½ medium sized and chopped into pieces of red bell pepper
FOR THE MARINADE :
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 dash of ground white pepper
- ½ teaspoon of cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon of salt
FOR THE BEIJING BEEF SAUCE :
- 1 ½ tablespoons of ketchup
- 4 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons of light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoons of crushed chili peppers
- Prepare a bowl. And then, The Marinade is prepared in the bowl and it is mixed properly. For 15 minutes, The Beef is marinated.
- Prepare another bow. And then, in this bowl, all Beijing sauce ingredients are well-mixed. Put them aside.
- The cornstarch is placed in a bag. The beef is thrown slowly and lightly in the cornstarch. Make sure that the beef is fully coated by the cornstarch. Put the coated Beef in the refrigerator.
- Prepare the cooking oil. Sufficient cooking oil is heated up over high heat. The beef slices are coated with cornstarch one more time and gain you make sure that the beef slices are fully coated. The excess cornstarch is shaken off from the beef slices.
- The Beef, in small batches, are prepared to be deep-fried. The Beef slices are dropped in and for 1-2 minutes, they are deep-fried until they become light golden brown. Dish them out and on paper towel, they are dried out. Put them aside.
- Prepare a large frying pan and some cooking oil. The cooking oil is heated up over high heat. The bell pepper and onion are stir-fried until you smell nice aroma and a little bit charred. Put the garlic into the large frying pan and for 10 seconds, keep on stir frying, and then they are removed from the large frying pan.
- Prepare the Beijing Sauce seasoning and then, the large frying pan is heated up again over medium-high heat. The Beijing sauce seasoning is poured into the large ring pan. It is brought to a simmer or until it becomes thick. Add some salt, water, or soy sauce according to your taste.
- The deep-fried slices of Beef are thrown slightly and slowly and the onion, garlic and bell pepper are stir fried. For 1 minute keep on stirring well until the beef is fully-cooked and the sauce is absorbed by the beef. Dish them out. Now, your Homemade Beijing Beef is ready and quickly serve with hot steamed rice.