Baked Tilapia –A Healthy Fresh Water Fish Food For You
This simple, easy to follow, short taking time – only more or less 20 minutes-, homemade recipe of Baked Tilapia with Parmesan Cheese and lemon will give you a healthy fresh water fish food for its amount of protein, vitamins and minerals.
Just try to cook Tilapia easily on your own and get lots of health benefits. To bake Tilapia is highly recommended from many other cooking methods.
WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT TILAPIA?
Tilapia is a fresh water fish that has a long history as farmed fish. The Egyptians were maybe the first to start breed the fish more than three thousand years ago. In fact, Tilapia now becomes the 2nd most bred or cultivated fish in the world. It’s not really a surprise because Tilapia grows quickly and doesn’t ask a lot to take care of them. That’s why Tilapia is a favorite bred or cultivated fish on earth.
It is believed that this white fish is somehow better than chicken and beef because of the amount of saturated fat in Tilapia is less than the amount of saturated fat in chicken or beef. And to those who want to lose weight or on a diet, Tilapia is a good choice because by consuming this white fish, you will stay full for quite long that you don’t need to have the “in between meals”.
If you are new to having seafood, Tilapia will be a perfect option for you because of Tilapia’s light taste. And you just need simple ingredients such as garlic or lemon to have a nice Baked Tilapia at home.
Tilapia is also one of the important fish foods in the International Market besides the other two kinds of fish, Cod and Swai. Some countries in the world, such as Indonesia and Mexico, are well-known for the good quality of Tilapia. In these 2 countries, people breed or cultivate Tilapia from large commercial breeding farm to a simple and traditional pond in their backyards.
More and more people start having Tilapia as part of their daily meals after knowing its nutrient content. And because Tilapia is a versatile white fish, you can pair absolutely with most kinds of seasoning and sauce.
As mentioned earlier that Tilapia will give you lots of health benefits. These following 5 health benefits should become part of your consideration to make Tilapia as a staple at home.
- Tilapia is good for your heart health because of the omega -3 fatty acids will minimize the risk of heart attack.
- Tilapia will also strengthen your brain function still because of the omega -3 fatty acids.
- Tilapia also has mineral, such as Phosphorus that is important to grow and develop the bone. So, it is a good source of mineral for your bone health.
- Tilapia is also a high antioxidant because of its Selenium. Selenium as an antioxidant is known to play a part of lowering your stress and strengthen the white blood activity in your body, so you will have a better immune system.
- And last but not least, Tilapia is a good source of electrolyte because of its Potassium. If you wake up in the morning with a painful cramp, you know that it’s probably because of lacking of this nutrient.
WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DO TO HAVE THE BEST BAKED TILAPIA AT HOME?
First of all, you need to have the fresh Tilapia, but if you can’t find one, you can buy the fish fillets of Tilapia by making sure that the fish fillets are not sticky and there is no white mark on the fish fillet.
Next, you need to prepare lemon juice or garlic to make any smell of Tilapia disappear and use olive oil to make Tilapia soft and moist. And last but not least, use much salt and ground black pepper to provide extra taste to Baked Tilapia.
HOW MANY CALORIES PER SERVING?
This Baked Tilapia has only 285 calories and 13 g of fat per serving.
WHAT MEALS TO SERVE WITH BAKED TILAPIA?
COURSE : MAIN COURSE
CUISINE : INTERNATIONAL ( FISH FOOD)
KEYWORD : TILAPIA RECIPE
PREP TIME : 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME : 10 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME : 20 MINUTES
SERVINGS : 4 PEOPLE
CALORIES : 285 CALORIES
- 1 ½ lbs or 4 fillets of tilapia fillet
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 3 dashes of cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- ½ cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- Ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges
- Prepare the oven. And then, the oven is preheated to 425 F.
- With cold running water, the tilapia fish fillets are cleaned up. And then, with paper towels, the Tilapia fish fillets are pat-dried. Next, the Tilapia fish fillets are arranged in one single layer in a baking dish. After that, the garlic, salt, black pepper, lemon juice and olive oil are put into it.
- The parmesan cheese is sprinkled evenly on top of the Tilapia fish fillets and the chopped parsley are put on the very top the Tilapia fish fillets.
- Now, you are ready to bake the Tilapia fish fillets. So, for about 10 minutes, put the Tilapia fish fillets into the oven or until the Tilapia fish fillets are well-cooked. And finally, your Baked Tilapia is ready and with fresh lemon wedges, The Baked Tilapia is quickly served.